Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have a very peculair chick. I have scanned the mutations in my head, and have not yet seen anything like this.

This chick is a normal blue but..... HAS WHITE FLIGHTS?

The chicks sire is a normal green ****. The hen is a cinnamon light green split blue.
The father also must be split blue, but originally I was expecting normal green's all round with cocks split cinnamon.

When looking in the nest today, I saw this chick. He looked different, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it (compared to his normal blue sis/brother)

The wing markings ALMOST look TCB on the flights, kind of grizzed in the secondaires also, but TCBs normally have that on their wing feathers.. Further observation also (just now:p ) has appeared that the feathers on the back/between wings are a light/grizzled grey also.
Any ideas?

Abnormality circled:

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
Ohmygosh, he is so adorable.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
This chick has got me beaten too. Be sure to post more pictures when it grows

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hi everyone.

I have a very peculair chick. I have scanned the mutations in my head, and have not yet seen anything like this.

This chick is a normal blue but..... HAS WHITE FLIGHTS?

The chicks sire is a normal green ****. The hen is a cinnamon light green split blue.
The father also must be split blue, but originally I was expecting normal green's all round with cocks split cinnamon.

When looking in the nest today, I saw this chick. He looked different, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it (compared to his normal blue sis/brother)

The wing markings ALMOST look TCB on the flights, kind of grizzed in the secondaires also, but TCBs normally have that on their wing feathers.. Further observation also (just now:p ) has appeared that the feathers on the back/between wings are a light/grizzled grey also.
Any ideas?

Abnormality circled:
Cinnamon sky blue and ????????????????? could we have a new mutation :)

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Woah he is very unique! I hope its a new mutation! *bites nails* Joking i dont actually bite my nails anymore! I just finally declared having quit yesterday! The results are satisfactory! Ok i will shut up now and just end this annoying post with: Im so excited to see this little guy when he grows up!:)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
well, it certainly is lovely! and very odd, white flights and black tail feathers....interesting wing markings too.

can't wait to see how it develops!

·
Heavy Metal Pirate
5,493 Posts
Hmm, I'm stuck too :/ -I hope it's a new mutation~ :D That'd be soo cool xDD-

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Ok this is completly wrong but I say texas clearbody as there are loads of pictures on google that look like your bird that say texas clearbody:

Here is one of the pictures: on this link (copyright means I can not post)

Picture link: http://www.birds-online.de/farbschlaege/blaureihe-galerie.htm

Type in google : texas clearbody, the third picture looks like the chick (couild not paste picture due to copyright)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Ok this is completly wrong but I say texas clearbody as there are loads of pictures on google that look like your bird that say texas clearbody:

Here is one of the pictures: on this link (copyright means I can not post)

Picture link: http://www.birds-online.de/farbschlaege/blaureihe-galerie.htm

Type in google : texas clearbody, the third picture looks like the chick (couild not paste picture due to copyright)

these the ones :),it does look to be clearbody,but i reckon the guys would have picked it up :),i dont know for squeak crumble,but tonic is VERY good at genetics :),
i reckon theres more to those,wing patterns though :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Well I tried, but I still think it is a texas clearbody????
(just edited my last post,sorry :eek:),i reckon theres more to the wing markings,maybe its a new type of clearwing(if possible) or clearbody,or maybe even a totally new mutation :eek:,dom dom dom lol,but it will easier to tell when it gets it adult plumage :),

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
(just edited my last post,sorry :eek:),i reckon theres more to the wing markings,maybe its a new type of clearwing(if possible) or clearbody,or maybe even a totally new mutation :eek:,dom dom dom lol,but it will easier to tell when it gets it adult plumage :),
is there suc thing as a pied texas clearbody? cause if there is I think it is a pied texas clearbody

·
Registered
930 Posts
is there suc thing as a pied texas clearbody? cause if there is I think it is a pied texas clearbody
i was thinking,pied clearbody,greywing if that exists :D,
but what ever it is,it must be complecated,tonic,and the others like i said,are very good at genetics, ;)
saying that,WHERE ARE YOU BARRIE,WE NEED HELP :D :eek:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.