Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Faith and Suede produced 2 gorgeous babies. One of which is a violet and will be going several hours way to a town outside of DC. The other one I have decided to keep.

Suede is a skyblue violet, I'm guessing, and Faith is a double factor dominant pied.

Here are the babies.

Chick 1. Double Factor Dominant Pied Opaline. The question is, why is she a grey? Grey factor is dominant over Green or Blue, so how they produce a grey?

Chick 2. skyblue violet

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
I don't know about mutations and won't even begin to guess. :giggle:

I love the pictures you posted, the babies are adorable!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The chick is an opaline dominant pied dilute violet female

Faith must be a single factor dominant pied because a double factor would produce all dominant pied chicks

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks nev. She has no hint of blue/violet at all. Would diluting make her that grey? So that means Suede is split for dilute? What do you think his color is?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Thanks nev. She has no hint of blue/violet at all. Would diluting make her that grey? So that means Suede is split for dilute? What do you think his color is?
Suede looks like a normal cobalt in the photo but from the look of the chicks he must be a cobalt violet.

Both birds must be split for dilute and Suede must be split for opaline

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Beautiful babies. I love violet and that first chick is something special - love the combinations of mutations. Dilute makes the colour fade; the same with opaline - if I'm not mistaken now. NEV?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.