Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Thanks Deb...ha.....I am almost falling off the fence here. I see how happy yours are and Oh, it is so hard to decide. I feel so sorry for birds that are unwanted. We will see.................what happens. If it is meant to be or not.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Lucy, why not just ask your landlord, and give your reasons why you want another? It will hardly be much more noise or mess :) If they say no, you know there is no point teasing yourself with looking at budgies who need a home... if they say yes, then you can make the decision to get another or not :)

·
Member of the Month July 2011
3,661 Posts
Excellent photos. Lovely to see happy and healthy budgies enjoying playtime together. I'm a little wary of the hanging threads in the third photo - with such threads in close proximity, there's always the risk of entanglement. Could you use a sturdier, thicker thread? Thanks for sharing the photos.;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Made me smile! cute!! adventures of the twosome! look forward to future snaps too :)

·
Administrator
55,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks Deb...ha.....I am almost falling off the fence here. I see how happy yours are and Oh, it is so hard to decide. I feel so sorry for birds that are unwanted. We will see.................what happens. If it is meant to be or not.
Lucy - Erika gave you GREAT advice. :hug:

Lucy, why not just ask your landlord, and give your reasons why you want another? It will hardly be much more noise or mess :) If they say no, you know there is no point teasing yourself with looking at budgies who need a home... if they say yes, then you can make the decision to get another or not :)
Wonderful advice!

Excellent photos. Lovely to see happy and healthy budgies enjoying playtime together. I'm a little wary of the hanging threads in the third photo - with such threads in close proximity, there's always the risk of entanglement. Could you use a sturdier, thicker thread? Thanks for sharing the photos.;)
Thanks, Eamon! I appreciate your concern, but don't worry about the strings -- those are the cords to my window blinds. I'm with The Sunshine Boys when they are playing with the cords. If I leave the house while they are out, the cords can be safely stowed away so Sunny and Shelby can't get to them.

Made me smile! cute!! adventures of the twosome! look forward to future snaps too :)
Thanks! :wave:

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Awesome pictures of your handsome boys, Deb!:)

Lillie: Mrs. Deb, my two boyfriends look extremely handsome in their pictures:)

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
Lucy,
one more budgie will not make that much difference in noise and mess level. I would go ahead and get another bird, Sunny boy will be so happy. I am sure the landlord will be very understanding.
We live in a very nice, and pretty picky apartment complex here. We have a spacious two-bedroom place, and everyone is allowed only two dogs or cats per place. Well, I asked them about birds, and they said that birds don't count as pets - go figure:rolleyes:- so I was allowed to get budgies. Here I am, after a few months, I have four budgies and two cockatiels, LOL. I bet they regret their decision now, haha.
One of my neighbors kept two lovebirds on her balcony here, and they were pretty noisy and no one said a word.
I think some people can be much noisier and messier than some animals, LOL.
I do hope you can get yourself another bird, life is too short to deprive ourselves of little pleasures:)

·
Registered
16,696 Posts
Your sunshine boys are just that; rays of sunshine! Your "glow birdie" comment made me laugh. :p

Sunny and Shelby can come over to play anytime! :D

·
Administrator
55,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Awesome pictures of your handsome boys, Deb!:) Thanks, Pate!

Lillie: Mrs. Deb, my two boyfriends look extremely handsome in their pictures:)
Sunny and Shelby :lovers: send kisses to their girl!! :love:
xoxoxox

Lucy,
I do hope you can get yourself another bird, life is too short to deprive ourselves of little pleasures:)
I think a little friend for Sunny will make both of you very happy! Shelby wants you to name the friend after him. ;) Since you have a budgie named Sunny -- Shelby's jealous!

Whow!! The pics are beautiful and so Shelby and Sunny!!
Thanks very much. :D

Your sunshine boys are just that; rays of sunshine! Your "glow birdie" comment made me laugh. :p

Sunny and Shelby can come over to play anytime! :D
"Shine little glow-bird, shimmer, shimmer".
:giggle:

Sunny and Shelby are planning a valentine party -- please tell your flock they are all invited!!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
They said that birds don't count as pets - go figure:rolleyes:- so I was allowed to get budgies. Here I am, after a few months, I have four budgies and two cockatiels, LOL. I bet they regret their decision now, haha.
:)
Hahaha time to go out and get that macaw you always wanted, the landlord wont mind the noise or mess :giggle:
Actually, im not sure how noisy macaws are, maybe not noisy at all...
How about a guard ostrich instead :giggle:

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
They are having the best time. Isn't it great watching them just have fun. :D
Great pictures. :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Well, I have two opportunities! The pair is a male and female, which I wonder if Sunny will be pushed aside by the bonded pair, or wait a month or so for a baby that is growing as we speak and will be ready to go shortly.

I feel so sorry for the pair....the guy is going to college this fall and can't take them with. He is willing to drive here with them and meet at a restaurant...I would take a friend with me.

The other baby I know nothing about as far as color, sex etc. Waiting to get an email back from her.

I really don't think my landlord will mind...he knows I'll keep the place clean and I think that is more what he cares about or if neighbors would say the make too much noise.

Will keep you posted....thanks for all the support. Will have to call my place Nana's Nest pretty soon. ha:budgie::budgie::budgie::budgie:

·
Administrator
55,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well, I have two opportunities! The pair is a male and female, which I wonder if Sunny will be pushed aside by the bonded pair, or wait a month or so for a baby that is growing as we speak and will be ready to go shortly.

Will keep you posted....thanks for all the support. Will have to call my place Nana's Nest pretty soon. ha:budgie::budgie::budgie::budgie:
I'd be concerned about trying to introduce a bonded pair to your little guy. I think he'd end up being the third wheel and there would be fighting... You'd end up having to get a 4th to even things out.

I'd personally wait for the baby. I think Sunny will bond better with a younger bird and that you should only get one more at this time anyway. Just my thoughts.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.