Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of people have asked me what mutations Sunny and Shelby are. Unfortunately, I've had to tell them that I honestly don't know...:eek:

So, I guess it's time that I ask the experts!
Could you please let me know the mutations of my little fellows! (Then I can write it down and pretend to be somewhat knowledgeable the next time I'm asked.) :laughing1:

Sunny:

Shelby:

Thanks!! :wave:

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
I know basic mutations, so I'll give it a go, but please, don't quote me! There is a 10% chance of me being correct, your little boys are hard! :rolleyes: Well, at least I will get some practice...:eek:

Sunny: Full Body Greywing? I'm pretty sure he's greywing...
Shelby: Clearflight Pied? Or Recessive Pied? Hmm... I know he's pied!

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Sunny:

Shelby:

I think Sunny is a recessive pied green male or a combination dominant-recessive pied green male. How old is he and does he have an iris ring in either eye?

I think Shelby is a greywing dominant pied green male. He looks very similar to my opaline greywing dominant pied male (see pic).

Both are lovely. :D

Attachments

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think Sunny is a recessive pied green male. How old is he and does he lack iris rings?

I think Shelby is a greywing dominant pied green male.

Both are lovely. :D
Thank you, Susan

I estimate them both to be ~ 10 months old.

Sunny does not have iris rings, nor does Shelby. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
...the feet of Shelby looks very "pink"?

Can cinnamon not be in the mix, given this....and cause the "wing-markings" in the 1 photo to look "more brown", than grey (as usually expected in greywing)?

..the cheek patches also looks violet...wouldn't such need to be "grey", if it were to be a "greywing"?

Maybe Nev will answer this one?!

..beautiful birds FaeryBee!...enjoy them!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
...the feet of Shelby looks very "pink"?

Can cinnamon not be in the mix, given this....and cause the "wing-markings" in the 1 photo to look "more brown", than grey (as usually expected in greywing)?

..the cheek patches also looks violet...wouldn't such need to be "grey", if it were to be a "greywing"?

Maybe Nev will answer this one?!

..beautiful birds FaeryBee!...enjoy them!
no the cheek patches would be grey for a GREY GREEN, Not a Grey wing

GREYWING LIGHT GREEN

General body colour: back, rump, breast, flanks and underparts light green 50% of normal body colour depth of an even shade throughout.
Mask: buttercup yellow, ornamented by six evenly spaced large round grey throat spots, the outer two being partially covered by the base of the cheek patches. The buttercup yellow of the mask extending over the frontal and crown, to merge with the grey undulations at the back of the head. The frontal and crown should be clear and free from all markings.
Markings: on cheeks, back of head, neck and wings; grey with a well-defined buttercup yellow edge, all markings should be free from any intrusion of body colour.
Cere: blue in cocks, brown in hens.
Eyes: black with a white iris.
Cheek patches: light violet.
Primary wing flights: grey with a minimal buttercup yellow edge.
Primary tail feathers: grey with a blueish tinge.
Feet and legs: blue/grey mottled.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Sunny is a dominant pied green

Shelby is a greywing recessive pied, I think he is dark green because the greywing gene lightens the shade. You can tell the mutation is recessive pied by the way the pied patches are distributed

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you!!

Now I have my answers. :happy4:

Shelby

Greywing Recessive Pied

Sunny

Dominant Pied Green

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Deborah,
I do not mind what mutations they are, because they are so cute and I do think their names suits them both!!

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you!!

I just wanted to make sure that I properly thanked everyone who posted to this thread!

Thank you!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.