Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just an update from last post over a month ago.

I found Sweetie through an online advert stating
'female budgie, no room space or time for her'.

Immediately i contacted the poster.

(when she first came home)

She had been kept in deplorable conditions.
She was underweight, her wings and feathers were frail and when this man removed her from her cage (to which my travel cage was bigger) he damaged her already broken wing which took weeks to heal properly. I soon discovered she had a severe deficiency and hadn't been fed properly.
Her nails were excessive long and she had a slight mite issue.

He named her 'Grumpy' as he said she always acted like she wasn't happy.
i wonder why ?

My house is now her third home. It will be her final home for the rest of her life :001_smile:

As of today 04/09

Sweetie, who is a total sweetie has gained weight, the mite issue is fixed, she does have one long nail annoying her a little which is being sorted this week, her feathers are growing back beautifully and she has all her flight feathers again. She is going through a moult and all new pin feathers are growing through nicely instead of just breaking as previously happened.
She is three years old, has a beautiful singing voice and loves attention.
Sweetie is back into a solid eating routine and has found she loves celery and eggs!

It has been lovely watching her recover. She gets a lot of attention and loves her routine now.

And even better, the birds are out of quarantine now, so Sweetie has got to meet baby Enzo,the 3 month old Cockatiel.

They now call to eachother every morning.

Thank you for any advice given on here in regards to Sweetie, it has all helped her health and helped me to give her everything she needed! :flowers::2thumbs:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I also have a Sweetie who was rescued from a bad home, neglected and thought to be mean, when all he wanted was some love. Thank you for saving this lovely girl!! Here's to a long life of happiness and love!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wasn't here a month ago, but what an awful backstory she has! You are doing an amazing thing, and I bet Sweetie especially appreciates it. It breaks my heart to read stories like this, but people like you make that up again. You're both lovely!

·
Administrator
56,471 Posts
I'm so glad to hear Sweetie is thriving with your love, care and attention!

Sweetie's a beautiful little girl and very fortunate you rescued her. :hug:
Enzo is an adorable baby. :001_wub:

Thanks for the update!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.