Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Sorry, but I don't quite understand the question :(
Are you asking which one of the possibilities you listed should you pair her up with?
What mutations are you trying to get exactly? :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
my future reproductive hen,I don't know with who?
mauve split for ino or gray split for ino and clearwing
If you have some idea?thanks

I would like some violet pied or some fallow in the next generation ,but bi don 't really know?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
When you say pieds, I'm assuming you mean recessive pids because dominant pieds is a dominant gene and it would show on your hen and cocks.
To get recessive pieds, both the hen and **** would need to be split for recessive pied.
Fallow is extremely recessive and rare so both birds would also have to be carrying it.
Violet is a colour adding factor so one of the parents should have a violet factor or none of the chicks will :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
thank you zeena,sorry for mistakes,but if one **** split for cinnamon and ino mated with one ino hen,they don 't made some fallow?

can we see the violet color on a fallow budgie?

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
I don't know about the genetics of Fallow or Cinnamon so I can't really answer that :p
Someone with more knowledge will come along and help you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you re right tonic ,sorry again,so if I mated my **** is split for ino with my violet cinnamon hen,I can hope having some beautiful lacewing in thje next generation,so cute!!thank you all

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
you re right tonic ,sorry again,so if I mated my **** is split for ino with my violet cinnamon hen,I can hope having some beautiful lacewing in thje next generation,so cute!!thank you all
It is possible that you could get a few lacewings in the next generation. The problem would be indentifying the male chicks that are split for ino. All the males would be split for cinnamon but only half of them would be split for ino. If you do get a **** bird that is split for both cinnamon & ino only a very small percentage of his daughters would be lacewing

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is possible that you could get a few lacewings in the next generation. The problem would be indentifying the male chicks that are split for ino. All the males would be split for cinnamon but only half of them would be split for ino. If you do get a **** bird that is split for both cinnamon & ino only a very small percentage of his daughters would be lacewing
Thank you so much for all these knowledges,I m raring to do this cocktail.I will post some pics of my future new family.Yhanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.