Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to be sure of his mutation. Anyone want to give it a go?

The bad quality pictures are accurate on his color. Really bright yellow face, grey on the front but blue on his rump and the yellowface gives him a greenish tint as well. His cheek patches are a steelish blue color or violet blue, I'm not sure how to describe that.

I'm thinking he is a yellowface greywing but I'm not sure of what shade of blue he is or if he has a grey factor or not.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He looks like a yellow face cinnamon cobalt. If he had a grey factor his cheek patches wouldn't be purple

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
He looks like a yellow face cinnamon cobalt. If he had a grey factor his cheek patches wouldn't be purple
Cinnamon? his wings look more like grey to me rather than brown but I know there's variations of cinnamon. How do I tell the difference?

I also thought he could be mauve since he really looks grey especially on his chest and my cobalts look a lot different but I'm not even sure if my "cobalts" are cobalts anyway :D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i think cinnamon too, the wings look brownish grey in the pictures. can you see whether his tail has a brownish quill?

cinnamon softens the body colour so it would look a little different to a normal cobalt.

maybe more photos would help if you think the wings are not as brown as they appear...

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think cinnamon too, the wings look brownish grey in the pictures. can you see whether his tail has a brownish quill?

cinnamon softens the body colour so it would look a little different to a normal cobalt.

maybe more photos would help if you think the wings are not as brown as they appear...
Well I'll try and get more photos. I don't have a camera so cell phone photos will have to do :eek:

Right now I think he is a yellowface type 2 greywing cobalt. I've read that full body greywings have a softer looking color as well. I still see no brown.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well I'll try and get more photos. I don't have a camera so cell phone photos will have to do :eek:

Right now I think he is a yellowface type 2 greywing cobalt. I've read that full body greywings have a softer looking color as well. I still see no brown.
hi again,

full body greywings have the full body colour rather than the lightened shade of a greywing.

it must be the photo that is making the markings look brownish grey rather than the usual grey of a greywing then. sometimes they look very different in real life!:)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Yellowface cinnamon cobalt. You can tell its cinnamon because of the uneven melanin distribution on the wings - some look darker than others and it gives a patchy appearance that can often be seen in cinnamons.

Greywings, clearwings and FBC greywings have very uniform/solid wing colourations.

G

·
Yellowface cinnamon cobalt. You can tell its cinnamon because of the uneven melanin distribution on the wings - some look darker than others and it gives a patchy appearance that can often be seen in cinnamons.

Greywings, clearwings and FBC greywings have very uniform/solid wing colourations.
Thanks for this info, Dean. Knowing how to see this difference helps a lot to get the correct mutation.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Wow thanks Dean! I didn't know that and it makes perfect sense :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.