Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Moulting is always a nightmare with my guys, too. Samantha looks like she's dying (she's really old, so it takes a lot out of her), the boys get pinnies all over and bald spots that take forever to fill in, and everyone feels rundown. When the kids start moulting, I mix AviGreens into their sprouts for the extra vitamins, minerals, and proteins. I think it also has amino acids in it, too. Hopefully your kids' feathers fill in soon.

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,841 Posts
Kristen, your poor little guys are going through what my Twigs is right now too. Buddy and Perry are still so cute. They'll come through it pretty soon. They have such a good mama to make them as comfortable as possible until then :). My Twigs looks so awful it looks like something is wrong with him, but it is only because his molt is so bad right now!

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,540 Posts
Aww...but still cutie pies!:D

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
It is indeed a horrible time, Blue and Fifo are sleeping much more and not as lively. Although I had to rescue Fifo from my bedroom yesterday, he saw me come in and flew straight to my shoulder and down the stairs we went. :budgie:

·
Member of the Month November 2014
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh Deb, your boys and your lovies have our best. That's got to be awful with all of them going through that all at once.

·
Registered
563 Posts
This seems to be a common theme....my Rio is molting too...when I saw the amount of feathers she was dropping I gave her some mashed up egg mixed with some cooked brown rice (which she hated and threw everywhere) and veggies. On top of that it's made her a huge crab! It's almost like having a teenage girl! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Nuxi, I came across your thread and had to tell you that my two babies are molting right now too, about a week ago they were losing feathers like crazy and I was worried it was caused by their full spectrum light..I'm a little less worried now because they have pinnies all over their heads and faces, so its obvious they're molting but they've been quieter and less active than usual all day today and are sleeping a lot as well; I know the molt is probably causing that but I can't help worrying about illness anyway :(….

·
Member of the Month November 2014
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I took a few more pics of the boys today, and they're even worse today than they were before.

And then one picture of the girls. Lily is molting now too and same with Misty. Misty was being a little phone shy. Lyla's pretty much is finished with her molt, but decided to get in on the fun!

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,841 Posts
Aw, the poor cuties! Bald above the cere too :). Pretty soon they'll be all filled in with shiny new feathers!

All of mine are molting here too, and it's been months. Mink finally looks better, but the 3 parrots and 2 budgies, all in varying degrees of molting make for feathers EVERYWHERE. Dandruff and feather sheath flakes too. I know it's called 'dander' in animals, but I call Raven Mr. Dandruff :giggle: since even when not molting he's just a dusty bird regardless of frequent baths.

Maybe I should get a Roomba vacuum?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.