Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying a new method I have learned about. Here is an article that tells about it Tangzhong Water Roux Pain au Lait: Soft, Springy Sandwich Bread - Jenni Field's Pastry Chef Online

I have my bread and roll recipe just about perfected. I used this method today for the first time with my recipe for rolls. I did not want to figure out he math for how much water or flower to use so I used the guideline of 3T flour to 1/2 cup water from this article The Baking Circle Community | King Arthur Flour

The rolls are cooling now and I will see if they stay fresher and moister longer with the new method. Well........ if they last that long :D

The recipe I have come up with makes 12 med round rolls.They are perfect to make "slider" type sandwiches. We make mini burgers, turkey sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, and what ever else we like. I can usually have three and Linda two :)

I can post the recipe if any one would like to try the rolls.

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,087 Posts
Wow Rick,
Do you ship??? Nothing better than fresh home baked rolls!!!

·
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha-ha! Maybe someday :). I just ate 2 of them. I now have the perfect roll recipe. The ones on the right were brushed with butter right out of the oven for a softer crust. Either way, as I had 1 of each, they are perfect. Now to see if I can make them exactly the same again. That's the catch :)

Guess I will have to open a Pizza and Slider resturaunt with a Budgie themed motif. Just have to figure out if it would be ok to sell wings too :eek:

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,087 Posts
Probably not ok to sell wings. But your definitely a man after my own heart -- eating two rolls as a taste test. Actually, I probably would have finished off the entire tray before noon! I had to quit making homemade bread -- A loaf barely lasted 2 days!!!!

·
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
478g bread flour
313g water
34g sugar
10g yeast
6g salt
3tbls cubed butter.

yeast water,sugar 105° 5 mins. add flour and mix 4 mins add salt mix 5-6 mins add cubed cold butter mix 2-3 mins. rise 1 hr in covered bowl or until doubled. cut into 12 even pieces and form into rolls. put on parchment paper and rise for 30 mins. bake 15-25 mins at 375°

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
It was really great- they turned out really soft and their size normal, just what I expected. We didn't make sandwiches, just ate them as they are :)
Thanks for the recipe Rick, the buns are delicious!! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.