Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrible twos!

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  StarlingWings 
#1 ·
Ive kept budgies before and was planning on getting one again, however for Christmas my boyfriend decided to get me two as a present! I had planned to get a single, young, hand reared budgie but the two my boyfriend got me are nowhere near baby stage and very set in their timid ways. For the last month I have been feeding them at regular intervals, providing them with fresh greens and approaching the cage. I have spent half an hour each night at the same time offering them millet, they will both nibble from my hand but refuse to let me get any closer, in fact they both seem to get very jealous if I favour one over the other! They often fight over food and the male will often not let the female eat. They both seem so afraid of me despite me being careful and quiet, never pushing them to touch me too much or grabbing at them. At my estimate I would say they are at least Two years old, I'm just starting to wonder will they ever warm to me? Xx any tips for trying to calm them would be appreciated :) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.