Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's my birthday and Tessa gave me the sweetest gift! She let me canter her bareback for the first time! She also stretched all the way down at the trot, which we've been working at on the ground. This was all done with positive reinforcement/clicker training❤

Haven't posted about Tessa much since this is a budgie forum lol. But for those of you who don't know, Tessa is my red dun tobiano APHA mare. I'm pursuing classical dressage with her but enjoy doing liberty, tricks, and tackless riding. I've taught her using clicker training and she has blossomed under it! She is so eager to please and play.

Aaaand since I rarely post, going to add a couple of pics from our show last month (where we took 2nd).

Here are a couple of our senior pictures...at least the few that don't show my face. I have a few more, just not edited yet. If I were to start an ongoing thread for Tessa on here, would anyone follow it? If there's interest I have plenty to post as I ride 4-6 days a week year-round:001_tongue: I always have pictures and video as well.

Spanish Walk, one of her favorite tricks

·
Administrator
57,891 Posts
Happy Birthday and what a great gift Tessa gave you. :hug:

I love seeing the pictures of Tessa!

The one of you and Tessa looking at one another is priceless - beautiful memories I'm sure.

I'd definitely follow your thread if you begin posting more pictures of her. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
4,807 Posts
Happy Birthday! Beautiful pictures you posted, I love horses and I would also follow a Tessa thread if you decide to do it.

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,764 Posts
Katie, Happy Birthday! :party: Congratulations to you and Tessa! :second:

Beautiful pics as always :D.

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,978 Posts
Nice pictures.

I think if you want to add a picture thread just for Tessa it's a good idea.

I would suggest that if you are going to add about all the things you do with her around events, you explain it in a lot of detail as for those who might want to know more. For example how clicker training works, the different events (you listed them above, but more detail in what they actually involve) etc. so that people truly understand what you mean. :)

·
Exceptional Service Award August 2017
1,096 Posts
Happy belated birthday :birthday:

I absolutely love this photo:

The sharpness of you the rider, the monochrome colouring, the distorted mirror, the number on the bridle, the dust at Tessa's feet - Fantastic! :001_wub:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy Birthday and what a great gift Tessa gave you. :hug:

I love seeing the pictures of Tessa!

The one of you and Tessa looking at one another is priceless - beautiful memories I'm sure.

I'd definitely follow your thread if you begin posting more pictures of her. :thumbup:
Thank you! And thanks for your interest! :)

Happy Birthday! Beautiful pictures you posted, I love horses and I would also follow a Tessa thread if you decide to do it.
Great, thanks for the vote!

Katie, Happy Birthday! :party: Congratulations to you and Tessa! :second:

Beautiful pics as always :D.
Thank you! :D

Nice pictures.

I think if you want to add a picture thread just for Tessa it's a good idea.

I would suggest that if you are going to add about all the things you do with her around events, you explain it in a lot of detail as for those who might want to know more. For example how clicker training works, the different events (you listed them above, but more detail in what they actually involve) etc. so that people truly understand what you mean. :)
Thank you for the suggestion! I wasn't sure how many details to add since I am prone to rattling off and people can lose interest pretty fast. I find all things horse and animals fascinating, but wanted to make sure it'd be in everyone's best interest to share it all :giggle: I can get how all the terms can get confusing, so I will be sure to explain more when I make the thread!

Happy belated birthday :birthday:

I absolutely love this photo:

The sharpness of you the rider, the monochrome colouring, the distorted mirror, the number on the bridle, the dust at Tessa's feet - Fantastic! :001_wub:
Haha thanks! My mom took the photo but I edited it. I love the sepia look of photos edited like that and have turned many that way.

Happy birthday! Tessa is gorgeous, I would love to see more of her :)
Thank you! Great, I will start a thread for her shortly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.