Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I have been trying to do some homework on my mutations and I want you to test me!

Just post some pictures here and I will see if I can work them out. :p :eek:
Ahhh this is going to be embarrasing. :eek: Hopefully it will help though!

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Oooh, someones confident! :p Let's get nev90 to test you and then we'll see how you do ;)

But seriously, its good that you are taking the initiative to try this :) Well done! :) Good luck!

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh, someones confident! :p Let's get nev90 to test you and then we'll see how you do ;)

But seriously, its good that you are taking the initiative to try this :) Well done! :) Good luck!
I am not really that confident! I was just about to say don't even try me on outcomes of pairs but I may have a small try... very small :eek:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Here are a few for you to have a go at. They are all my own birds so I can be sure of their mutations

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ewww Wow :XD:
First one: I was thinking Dilute, obviously green but maybe grey green? :eek:
Second one: I am thinking Double Factor pied or clearwing?
Third One: Grey Cinnamon
Fourth One: Yellow Lacewing?
Fifth One: Wow alot. Umm Clearflight, Cinnamon, Opaline and YF?

Wow that was hard :eek: Especially the last one! You see the funny thing is I probably got them all wrong!

·
Registered
63 Posts
What mutation is this?

I have no idea what mutation my bird is, so test your knowledge here! Someone said graywing once but then said clearwing...I'm not sure. The bird has solid black eyes...but I don't know if that's due to age or mutation. I *think* it may be a "dilute", but really I don't know. See pic...and thank you!

Attachments

·
Sombody get the duct tape
2,028 Posts
All budgies have black eyes (from what I'm aware of at lease XD) but some of them get white iris rings in their eyes whey they are older :) When they are babies there eyes will be solid black :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
i would agree wit hsqueak crumble although i would add that the first one looks slighlty opaline

and is the last a rainbow?

·
3,676 Posts

Wow that was hard :eek: Especially the last one! You see the funny thing is I probably got them all wrong!
Well you got the 4th one right.
I'm just on my way out so I'll post the correct mutations later and some new pictures. In the meantime perhaps you might like to try these again

·
Registered
236 Posts
first looks more like a yellowface type 2 grey...or grey green... not as diluted wing markings for a dilute..
second... double factor dominant pied opaline...¿?
third.. cinnamon mauve
fourth.. lacewing
fifth. yellowface type2 skyblu opaline spangle

sorry but i had to try.... i love this things :p.. although I might be wrong too.. hehe. except for numbers 4 & 5 which I´m 100% I got them right... hehe

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All budgies have black eyes (from what I'm aware of at lease XD) but some of them get white iris rings in their eyes whey they are older :) When they are babies there eyes will be solid black :)
That is not true :) Some inos have red eyes and DEC's have grey riris rings

I have no idea what mutation my bird is, so test your knowledge here! Someone said graywing once but then said clearwing...I'm not sure. The bird has solid black eyes...but I don't know if that's due to age or mutation. I *think* it may be a "dilute", but really I don't know. See pic...and thank you!
I think you may be right about the dilute. It looks like her whole body is diluted so she would be a Dilute Blue or Greywing Bue

Well you got the 4th one right.
I'm just on my way out so I'll post the correct mutations later and some new pictures. In the meantime perhaps you might like to try these again
Hah the fourth one was the easiest!

first looks more like a yellowface type 2 grey...or grey green... not as diluted wing markings for a dilute..
second... double factor dominant pied opaline...¿?
third.. cinnamon mauve
fourth.. lacewing
fifth. yellowface type2 skyblu opaline spangle

sorry but i had to try.... i love this things :p.. although I might be wrong too.. hehe. except for numbers 4 & 5 which I´m 100% I got them right... hehe
Haha what she said. Now that she says them they seem correct!

·
3,676 Posts

The correct mutations are:

[1] Type 2 yellow face opaline grey. Note the opaline wing pattern. He does not show anywhere near enough green to be a grey green (He was grey before the yellow spread after his first moult.)

[2] Dominant pied spangle cobalt. This one is difficult. You can see the dominant pied by the band on his body. The spangle shows by the fairly common patch of body colour showing around the pied patch on the back of his head and the faint spangle marks on his upper wings. His mother was dominant pied and his father spangle. Most birds of this combination of mutations show the spangle more

[3] Cinnamon mauve

[4] Green series lacewing

[5] Type 2 yellow face opaline spangle sky blue. Just look for each mutation separately

Here are some more to test you:

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok let me try again :D
1- YF Mauve.. Maybe Opaline?
2- DOUBLE FACTOR SPANGLE!!! :D
3- Recessive Pied... Harlequin pied? I have never really heard of this variation but I looked it up and it looks to me like she may be one?
4- Recessive Pied?
5- Clearflight Pied?... Her wing marking are very peculiar..

Ahh this is going very badly. I doubt I would have got even 1 right this time!

·
Registered
591 Posts
1 ok i would say that the first one is a yf2 grey (possibly opaline?)
2 the second has solid black eyes not red so its the clearbody thing (or yeah i think you get that with a double factor spangle like sophie said
3 i would have also said ressesive pied, but the band colour is blue not green, so is it some strong form of yf2?
4 ressesive pied
5 clearflight

·
Registered
236 Posts
1.- yellow face 2 opaline grey
2.- the yellow looks a paler yellow almost yf2... could it be yellowface2 double factor spangle?
3.- yellowface2 reccesive pied cobalt
4.- light green (or so I see in my monitor) reccesive pied
5.- skyblue opaline clearflight

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.