Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What I would guess as a texas clearbody, but am probably wrong.
Please explain the massive cheek spots, dark head, Opaline wings
with dark to light... or even cinnamon colouring.

Why does everyone wants these? Why are they rare? What can they
breed?

I see 2 hens, olive-ish yellow in colour. I saw light blue on the
rump or maybe it was in the tail feathers.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean the dark colour head is normal?
And the MASSIVE black cheek spots are too?
I have seen the spots big before, but not often

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

yes they look like texas clearbodies. they are popular because they are a newer variety, and can be very stunning - yellow or whitish body colour with dark markings. they breed... texas clearbodies... and can be used to produce inos as the gene is a mutation of the same gene that causes ino.

the flecking on the head and excessive spots are a side effect of breeding for large spots for showing. it is quite common on show lines of budgie and is a fault that is penalised.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Texas Clear body difference from the Easly Clear body in the wing pattern. The bar markings on the Texas C-B are dark and move to a soft grey as one progresses to the wing tips.
In the Easly the bar markings on the wings stay a dark black.

Both mutations if correctly produced are striking birds. The coloring on the front of the bird is to be washed out. (white on a blue bird / yellow on a green bird). The coloring is to be dark across the back of the bird.

This is a sex linked mutation meaning the mutation is on the female chromosome. Hens can never be split for this mutation.

Here is a pr of well marked Texas C-B, Sky hen who is on the long lean side thus the reason she was put with a chunky **** who is a Light Green **** TCB.

Well bummer flickr has changed how to grab the link and post photos you will have to click to see the photo.

https://flic.kr/p/381047179

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i do love the opaline clearbodies... pale body and black markings confined to the wings are pretty stunning to me! similar to the lacewing effect but more striking.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow so these girlies are TCB? Was I right?
These girls have been sitting in there like no one
wants them. I guess some people dont understand their mutation :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow so these girlies are TCB? Was I right?
These girls have been sitting in there like no one
wants them. I guess some people dont understand their mutation :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Okay...this will be complicated...what mutations would I pair up and then pair up again to get either the yellow base or white based CB mutation? I'd LOVE a technical answer! Oh, I'm excited! Thank you in Advance!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Okay...this will be complicated...what mutations would I pair up and then pair up again to get either the yellow base or white based CB mutation? I'd LOVE a technical answer! Oh, I'm excited! Thank you in Advance!
Clearbody
Pairings
Expectations

Clearbody **** × Clearbody hen 100% Clearbody

Clearbody **** × non-Clearbody hen, 50% Normal / Clearbody cocks,
50% Clearbody hens

Normal / Clearbody **** × Clearbody hen ,Clearbody cocks,25% Normal / Clearbody cocks,25% Clearbody cocks,25% Normal hens,25% Clearbody hens

Normal / Clearbody **** × Normal hen , Normal / Clearbody cocks,
25% Normal cocks,25% Clearbody hens,25% Normal hens

Normal **** × Clearbody hen, 50% Normal / split Clearbody cocks,
50%Normal hens

Clearbody / Ino **** × Clearbody hen 25% Clearbody cocks,
25% Clearbody / Ino cocks,25% Clearbody hens,25% Ino hens

Clearbody / Ino **** × Ino hen ,25% Clearbody / Ino cocks,
25% Ino cocks,25% Clearbody hens,25% Ino hens

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
like barrie has said, to get a clearbody you need a clearbody or bird that is split for clearbody.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clearbody
Pairings
Expectations

Clearbody **** × Clearbody hen 100% Clearbody

Clearbody **** × non-Clearbody hen, 50% Normal / Clearbody cocks,
50% Clearbody hens

Normal / Clearbody **** × Clearbody hen ,Clearbody cocks,25% Normal / Clearbody cocks,25% Clearbody cocks,25% Normal hens,25% Clearbody hens

Normal / Clearbody **** × Normal hen , Normal / Clearbody cocks,
25% Normal cocks,25% Clearbody hens,25% Normal hens

Normal **** × Clearbody hen, 50% Normal / split Clearbody cocks,
50%Normal hens

Clearbody / Ino **** × Clearbody hen 25% Clearbody cocks,
25% Clearbody / Ino cocks,25% Clearbody hens,25% Ino hens

Clearbody / Ino **** × Ino hen ,25% Clearbody / Ino cocks,
25% Ino cocks,25% Clearbody hens,25% Ino hens
Im thinking most combos be similar in a sense?
I wish we had our own charts like this stickied with all
mutation outcomes ^_^

·
Registered
145 Posts
Okay...but, forgive me if I sound like an idiot here...how does one get a clearbody? It's sex-linked like an ino gene, right? Would you pair a DEC or Ino? What would they essentially have to be split with? (I realize that they'd have to be split for CB, but...I think I"m driving myself batty trying to figure this out). Sort of a CB budgie before the CB egg situation...
Again, sorry if I'm being redundant. I certainly appreciate the lengthy explanation above. I just haha...don't have a clearbody to do it. It it pretty much impossible to breed one w/o having a bird that is at the very least split for this gene? There had to be a first CB Somewhere, right? Just like the first blue? Or would an explanation or myriad of breeding just be much more difficult than say....sitting around and waiting for a super cool bird expo to come to my state so I may purchase a sweet little cb myself?
haha...I'd love to hear whatcha think.

Many thanks!
~S

·
Registered
809 Posts
Honestly,I can't say anything as far as mutation, but I can just say that those birdies are pretty.:D Sorry...:budgie::budgie::D:D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
stacia, you need a bird with the clearbody gene to breed more of them.

like all varieties and colours, other than light green, it originated from a gene that mutated. the chances of that exact mutation ocurring again, is very low. so the best bet is to get one to start with.

some varieties are a combination of other ones, but clearbody has its own unique gene.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.