Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i saw a beautiful female budgie at a petstore.

But i don't know her exact mutation. She had red eyes, white body clear , opaline cinnamon feathers , but not diluted to be a lacewing.
The colour of the feathers was quite strong. So it looked like a texas clearbody, but opaline cinnamon. No blue feathers on her body.
Unfortunately i coudn't take pics, but i'm thinking to buy her.
Could you tell me what she might be, from my description?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
If her eyes are red, she's not a TCB. Sound like a fallow to me if the wing markings are darker brown. But it could be a lacewing. If it doesn't have an iris ring, it's a fallow. However, presence of an iris ring does not make it a lacewing as there are two type sof fallow. The english fallow doesn't have an iris ring . The German fallow does. Also, a lacewing will have pale violet cheek patches, where a fallows will be darker, unless it's a grey factored bird (then it will have cheek patches like any grey bird).Too bad we don't have a photo. Maybe you should get her and then post a photo and then, you'd know for sure. :D Ha ha ha!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so both fallow and lacewing can be opaline too. I know about fallow, i wasn't sure about the lacewing.

That is meaning that if i get her an albino partener, they could produce lacewings, istn't right?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, but with darker markings :) i don't remember her cheek patches though.
What do you think about pairing her with a male albino?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
yes, but with darker markings :) i don't remember her cheek patches though.
What do you think about pairing her with a male albino?
If paired to a male albino you would get albino hens and all cocks split to lacewing and Ino. You would not get any lacewings this pairing.

Lacewing is sex linked so you need a **** bird either split to it or a visual to produce visual lacewings which would all be female unless the hen was also a lacewing and then you would get cocks and hens.

Hope this makes sense I've just got in from a long day at work.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SO, not even albino males couldn't be possible from an albino male and a female lacewing? Because, technically, the hen is an albino too, so 2 genes. Or am i wrong?

If paired to a male albino you would get albino hens and all cocks split to lacewing and Ino. You would not get any lacewings this pairing.
Well, i have no hope to find a lacewing male, it's a fortunate chance that i saw her. I was hoping for Yf lacewing offspring, because i love YFs and i have already a YF albino male. But i will keep trying..

Thank you Lindsey and Amelia!

G

·
Fallow shows blue feathers on the rump just like my Benny in this picture. He is over 2 years old now.

What you saw is a lacewing and not a fallow.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree he looks like a goldenface grey opaline fallow :) Because he is grey his colors blend more and make it look like he is all one color.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because i don't want to open another topic just for this question, i will ask here:
What is the exact colour of this budgie? I know it's opaline, but what colour?

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.