Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member of the Month November 2014
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for thanksgiving this year, I have some questions about a few things. I'm curious to know if they can have fresh cranberries and pomegranate arils? Also, what are the big no no's for food? Anything I should restrict from Peatri? I know he'll be disappointed about not getting any marshmallow topping, :laughing: Just kidding!

And just to be on the safe side, they can have turkey, right?

·
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I looked on like, 3-4 different sites, and it looks like I can give them the cranberries and pomegranate arils. I'm still a bit curious as to what kinds of thanksgiving type foods they absolutely can not have. Also how to prepare the cranberries for them? And about the turkey, I can't seem to find organic, but I found some all natural stuff, I'll post pictures later.

·
Administrator
55,530 Posts
Kristen,

I've never actually prepared a Thanksgiving dinner with turky, etc. for my budgies and don't intend to this year either. :laughing2:

My birds will simply be getting a special egg food dish with some veggies for their Thanksgiving. (In addition to their regular foods)

Make sure you don't have any additives on/in the cranberry dish. I'd just boil a few cranberries, drain and let cool to room temperature before serving.

·
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know? I never thought about giving them brussel sprouts. I will definitely b trying those soon. My flock seems to b going through a phase where they trying just about everything I put in front of them, so we've been trying so man new things lately.

·
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just put in radishes today, so will see how those go over. I hope well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.