Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I do not watch much TV but we do listen to talking books and DVD's I want to suggest a wonderful story about a little girl ,her family, and a little black and white dog. It is great for all ages, but you will have to ex plain the subtitles for younger children< It is a sequel and I cannot wait to get the other video. It is about life in the mongolian steppes or near there the people live in yerts that can be completely dismantled put on a cart and moved they have a very simple generator and an ancient motorcycle, a herd of sheep, 2 horses and an assortment of simple tools to make food and clothes, They have a mythology to transmit the belief in Buddha, and the oldest child has to go far away to go to school. Her mother makes her clothe son an ancient sewing. The children have chores, and On a trip to town the father brings simple, wonderful surprises for each. It is an absolutely astounding reminder who and what we really are in all simplicity, Facing danger and sharing happy things. I intend to see it again. and reccommend. it for showing in schools too

Blessings, Jo Ann:budge:.

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Sounds like something to watch with the grandkids. The simple life you describe sometimes sounds good in this fast paced, busy world. Of course I still need my internet, and tv...maybe a phone....but apart from those, I am ready to rough it...:D

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The

I Came away feeling good about the world. It is definitely good for grand kids.
The old grandmother shares the legends of her people and is respected for her great wisdom.!!! Thats one for us old folks!!! Blessings, Jo Ann:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.