Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have let two of my sweethearts, Louis & Nala, breed (their idea, I provided :grin: )

Now the chicks are healthy, growing well, curious, stubborn and attached, all you want. But the weird thing is, their feathers are now growing in and... they have no color! Not sure if this is normal in chicks, but one of them has black striped with white, and another one is all white with grey stripes! :shock: The two younger ones who are just getting into their feathers seem to be following their example.

Is it normal for a dark green **** and skyblue hen to produce a full (all 4 chicks) black&white clutch?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have let two of my sweethearts, Louis & Nala, breed (their idea, I provided :grin: )

Now the chicks are healthy, growing well, curious, stubborn and attached, all you want. But the weird thing is, their feathers are now growing in and... they have no color! Not sure if this is normal in chicks, but one of them has black striped with white, and another one is all white with grey stripes! :shock: The two younger ones who are just getting into their feathers seem to be following their example.

Is it normal for a dark green **** and skyblue hen to produce a full (all 4 chicks) black&white clutch?
How old are the chicks? Pictures would be helpful.
But have the feathers come in enough yet to start coming out of the sheathand show the true colour?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All pictures seem to be blurry, I think my camera is messed up. The best I can do is the following:

This was a day or two ago. In the mean time the feathers are longer and the color still looks white on the oldest, black&white on the second oldest whose pictures seem to be completely fuzzy.

I also have a fuzzy video. In the front you see the one that's starting to show a hell of a lot of white, in the back, you see the other three, the left one in the back shows a clear black/white tail, just as his feathers at the moment are turning out to be. (****, I need to get a new camera!!)

I hope these help any... :-s Any thoughts?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All pictures seem to be blurry, I think my camera is messed up. The best I can do is the following:

This was a day or two ago. In the mean time the feathers are longer and the color still looks white on the oldest, black&white on the second oldest whose pictures seem to be completely fuzzy.

I also have a fuzzy video. In the front you see the one that's starting to show a hell of a lot of white, in the back, you see the other three, the left one in the back shows a clear black/white tail, just as his feathers at the moment are turning out to be. (****, I need to get a new camera!!)

I hope these help any... :-s Any thoughts?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
From those pictures I would say your **** is split for blue and those chicks will be blues. It does not look like the feathers have come in enough for them to be showing the true colours yet :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the body feathers have not come through yet, all i see are wing feathers and down feathers. in a few days you will see body feathers and will be able to pick some colour. the first ones to show colour will be just above the tail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.