Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know not all babies get the "baby beak" and If i remember right when it's dark it means they carry a dark factor

but whats it mean if its more a tan color - similar to the color of Sugar Daddies (the caramel candy)??

the pic I have doesn't show it so I'll have to to try to get one tomorrow but a couple have no color on the beak, i think 1 has black, and 2 have this tan color

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I've had light greens and sky blues with dark beaks....I'm interested to see where this thread goes as I have never heard about it being related to dark factors. Neat.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i remember right I think it was Lindsey who'd mentioned that it usually means they have a dark factor if they have dark marks on their beaks as babies

I know in lovebirds it does - and in lovebirds this tan sugar daddy candy color would be for a Edged Dilute :giggle: BUT that isn't a mutation in the budgies so I'm not sure what it means. I know its defiantly not black in color I've seen enough Black baby beaks ;)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The black is just a build up of excess melanin, most mutations can have it but I notice it more often on babies with dark, violet an grey factors myself :)

I am not sure about the brown beak color, although I notice it most often with Ino and pieds :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The black is just a build up of excess melanin, most mutations can have it but I notice it more often on babies with dark, violet an grey factors myself :)

I am not sure about the brown beak color, although I notice it most often with Ino and pieds :)

ahh makes sense - they're clear flight pieds :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.