Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend (via facebook), Moheb Nabil has spent many years breeding crested and helicoptor varieties to get this bird (and it's 4 siblings). I am sharing the photo with his permission. He has named it The Crested Pharoah. It can fly normally. In the clutch, there was this bird, an albino, a blue opaline pied, a sf spangle and a df spangle.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Wow that is crazy! :) So just to make sure I have this right as I have never bred any of those mutations he specializes in... the difference with this bird is that rather than a circular pattern like helicopters have, this one has more of a fanned out feather instead? :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have little understanding of it, too, but, as far as I know, yes. He selectively bred for directional feathering that looks like this instead of the circular of the helicoptor. And then also the crested head feathers.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blue opaline pied is beautiful, too. I'll try to find a photo of it and post it.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
They look like angel budgies ;)

I am glad there doesn't seem to be any health issues when breeding like this. He must be proud of himself breeding a new type of budgie.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Fancy! :D I'd think they'd bash up all those neat feathers with how budgies tend to play, though. *looks pointedly at August and Zeke constantly shredding feathers on the mini blinds* :rolleyes:

·
Going Bird-Crazy
2,444 Posts
Wowie! That's surely a beauty! Has he considered showing any of them? And he spent years on this right!?:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.