Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yellow face
Yellow face budgies are in between yellow-based budgies and white-based budgies. There are different degrees of the level of yellow pigment, less than the yellow-based variety. These different levels of yellow pigment are caused by several different genes. Visually, there are two types of yellow face: Type I and Type II. In type I yellow face budgies, the mask feathers are all yellow. The yellow may also show up in the peripheral tail feathers. The yellow is confined to these areas only and the budgie is normally colored in the body feathers.

Type II yellow face budgies have yellow in the mask feathers and tail, just like the type I. However, after the first molt at 3 months of age, the yellow diffuses into the body color and creates a new color, depending on the original color. In the case of the sky blue variety, , the type II yellow face creates a sea foam green color, but in the type I yellow face the body color remains sky blue

Type 1 Yellow Face

http://www.***************/v_yellowfaceI4.jpg

Type 2 Yellow Face

http://www.***************/v_yellowfaceII1.jpg

Info from : www.***************

Here are some of MY Yellow face budgies

This is one Of Tweety & Jasmines new babies

Yellow Face Blue

This is their other baby
Yellow face Blue Pied

and then they had another one just like Hope from their 1st clutch - but every pic i took her she had her head buried LOL so I'll use hope's "baby" picture - when she was a wee baby her yellow Ran into her wings as well

and this is Jasmine - Was told she was a yellow face type 2 Sky blue cinnamon - now the only thing i'm certain on is the cinnamon and the yellow face lol

Here are a few yellow faces - neither Parent was a Yellow Face though but all their babies are.

here are their parents As you can see neither one is yellow face

·
Registered
271 Posts
holy cow they are beautiful yellow faces. i have a yellow face too/ im glad i stumbeled on this post because now i know what he is and the type of yellow face he is, keep the good info coming

·
~Crazy Bird Lady~
2,309 Posts
My hen Gretel looks exactly like the YFT1 in the first pic. I plan on pairing her up to breed with my DF Dominant Sky blue Pied. According to my research, a DF Dominant pied to a normal will give all recesive pieds. I'm hoping for a YFT1 Recessive pied out of the clutch. :p

·
Budgie ESL tutor
1,461 Posts
Yellow face
Wow she is stunning!

Very interesting post, thank you.
As Pitchii's molt progresses her yellow cheeks are getting less and less yellow :( It's spreading throughout her chest though and creating a mottly blue-green. I can't wait to see what her final colours are - hope her yellow face comes back!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm pretty sure my budgie is a Cobolt Yellow Face (type 2) Recessive Pied. Could you take a look at some pics and confirm?

Also, I'm not sure about the type 2, but his body feathers have slight hints of yellow in them already, but I'll have to wait until his first molt to be sure.

Thanks!

·
BuDgIe **ChArMeR**
2,199 Posts
ahhh!! atv, thank you for posting this! i was wondering what is the difference between type 1 and type 2 yellow face...:p:p:p i see, wiggy is a type 2, oh my gosh!! i cant wait to see her final feathers too!!..:D:D she's got 5 colors..:p im so excited!!!.:)

WOW that second to the last picture is absolutely stunning!! she's so pretty! great camera too!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.