Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
How do you get them to like you?!?! Shrimp hates my guts :( She is still terrified, even with having her in our living room for a month, letting her out every day, interacting with Julio in front of her. She doesn't even want to take millet from me anymore :eek:

·
Darling, what if you fly?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I close all cage doors so they can't get in to get their food. Then when I see them looking for food I sit with the millet and they come running. Always do training when they are hungry :) They go nuts and will actually get up on my hand to get it.

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you get them to like you?!?! Shrimp hates my guts :( She is still terrified, even with having her in our living room for a month, letting her out every day, interacting with Julio in front of her. She doesn't even want to take millet from me anymore :eek:
By the way, Shrimp looks JUST like my Pearl <3

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
That is such a good idea! I have heard something similar from other people, but was always nervous that I would like wait too long or something :eek: I'll have to try it this weekend when I am home all day and can monitor her :) Thanks for the advice!

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I only do it when I can sit and watch and know exactly how long it's been. Immediately after we do this, the cage doors are opened and they go right in and eat :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's soo cute :) I totally love the green one that is walking into the picture at the beginning of the video.

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to upload the first video. You see them all eventually "appear" lol! I'll go do that now :D

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
Neat video, I hope one day all my flock will do this too. It just goes to show the love and dedication you have put into them.

Sort of going to hijack the thread now ...

I read an interesting training article the other day. It suggested taking your fids into a small room, like the bathroom/toilet. Make sure all harmful stuff is put away of course. Then you let them out and sit on the floor with some millet and your knees up, like mountains. Then you wait. The theory is you become the most exciting thing in the room, and the room is small enough that for those who need to catch their birds don't need to chase them.

Anyway, just an idea.

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Neat video, I hope one day all my flock will do this too. It just goes to show the love and dedication you have put into them.

Sort of going to hijack the thread now ...

I read an interesting training article the other day. It suggested taking your fids into a small room, like the bathroom/toilet. Make sure all harmful stuff is put away of course. Then you let them out and sit on the floor with some millet and your knees up, like mountains. Then you wait. The theory is you become the most exciting thing in the room, and the room is small enough that for those who need to catch their birds don't need to chase them.

Anyway, just an idea.
*hijacks your flock* Give me the GreyBird and no one gets harmed.

·
5,121 Posts
:laughing: Are you sure you want him. I am beginning to think he is a little nutty. :duhh:

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My current life goal is to have a beautiful gray budgie. It hurts just to look at other people's photos of theirs! There's like, no breeders in the Raleigh, NC area :(

And the video only shows Lizzy popping in. Could of sworn it showed them all but anyway,

·
5,121 Posts
Now now, no fighting over GreyBird the rest of my flock will get jealous.

·
5,121 Posts
I spoke to GreyBird and I am sorry to say he feels that you are both to far away for him to make the flight. He said he was pretty strong for a budgie, but a few thousand miles might be expecting a bit much for a first time adventurer.

Sorry, you do have our sympathies, and he hopes you can find another grey budgie that is a little closer.

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I spoke to GreyBird and I am sorry to say he feels that you are both to far away for him to make the flight. He said he was pretty strong for a budgie, but a few thousand miles might be expecting a bit much for a first time adventurer.

Sorry, you do have our sympathies, and he hopes you can find another grey budgie that is a little closer.
:pout::crying2::tongue:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.