Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
10 minutes a day of direct sunlight is fine and will give adequate D3 for your birds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
While reading these articles about UVB/vitamin D3, I felt myself becoming chilled from sitting still for so long, so I got up and walked around the house a little, even went up and down 2 flights of stairs to check my laundry. I often get chilled when I sit still too long in one place, but I am able to do things about it, such as open and shut windows, walk around, put on and take off coats, hats, sweaters, etc. As an adult human not institutionalized or incarcerated, I have a lot of control over my environment. Also, I can talk I can request that the heat be turned up or down, etc.

·
Member of the Month Sept 2014
1,298 Posts
While reading these articles about UVB/vitamin D3, I felt myself becoming chilled from sitting still for so long, so I got up and walked around the house a little, even went up and down 2 flights of stairs to check my laundry. I often get chilled when I sit still too long in one place, but I am able to do things about it, such as open and shut windows, walk around, put on and take off coats, hats, sweaters, etc. As an adult human not institutionalized or incarcerated, I have a lot of control over my environment. Also, I can talk I can request that the heat be turned up or down, etc.
This is why it's so important to get to know our pets, they cannot tell us when they need something, so by watching our animals and learning from fellow members on TB we get to know their needs and can act straight away :)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.