Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i love doing zentangle. it takes a long time- i break it up between a few days, i never know what its going to look like because i just go with what i think of!

these are my two latest. this one i used a Bic Velocity Gel pen which i like, but sometimes i would go dead depending on how it was held. the second one i got a felt tip pen (i think thats what they are called) from Michaels craft store, essentially the inexpensive version of the "Pigma" pens. i love it! i will continue to use the felt tip rather than the writing pen

the first one- with the writing pen, done of regular printer paper

the scanned copy

the second one- done with the imitation 'Pigma' pen, on regular printer paper

i cut off the top because i was doing that part late at night and it looked bad!! i love how the end product came out :)

the scanned copy (ignore the black line on the left!)

i bought a frame at Dollar Tree -love that store!- and i hung it on my wall. i also bought another frame in which i use as a white board because you can draw on the glass... (you have been warned of the low flying budgies!!) :D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
here are my new ones!

this is the original copy of the one above

Reactions: Bethanyi and Vargur

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is a 5x7 and it took 3 days! :) my first one with color ink

Reactions: Bethanyi

·
Registered
944 Posts
Oh wow these are beautiful! Well done! I wish I had the patience to do something like this!!
You could upload them to red bubble or a site like that and sell them in mugs and covered drawing pads!

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,118 Posts
They are brilliant. I was wondering what zentangles were and now I know. Thanks for enlightening me with your beautiful work.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks :) right now I am working on an 8x10 with black and brick red ink. Maybe one day I will do a budgie ;)

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,832 Posts
Wow! They are beautiful! They would be really cool to sell on Etsy as printables or, as Bethanyi suggested, as designs for mugs, plates, etc. You are really talented! :)

Let us know if you make a budgie!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's one reasons why it takes so long- it's hard to think of patterns! And it takes a while to draw them too :)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here is my red and black one. i not crazy about the design in the outer border, but whats done is done when you do things in ink!

here is a clearer pic of the small blue one i did

i have gotten a little further with this one since the pic was taken. here hoping it turns out good! i will admit that i traced the dog :eek:

Reactions: PrincipePio
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.