Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I have posted some updated pics of the lovebirds, so this week I decided to snap a few photos of them. They have all been doing well health wise and are as happy as can be! :D

Here is my first lovebird ever, Sindel. I got her back in May of 2011.

My shrimpy boy, Nico. Even though that is his official name, I call him Nikito all the time due to his very short stature.

In my opinion, he is drop dead gorgeous and the most beautiful one of the flock. I love this pic. :love:

The happy couple now together, they are Lotas and Khaleesi's parents.

This is Fénix, she is still a bit shy and I must watch out for my fingers because her beak is not very gentle when she's not in a good mood. :p
She is partnered with Penguin and they are my first same gendered couple, yay!! :D

Here's my clownish girl, Penguin. She makes me laugh on a daily basis due to her very funny facial expressions. She got a scratch on the top part of her beak during play time. This pic was taken the day after, I tended to it and now its hardly noticeable.

The couple together

You all know my boy Khaleesi

You can tell they're siblings, Khaleesi on the left, Lotas on the right

A little kiss

My very handsome boy Lotas, who I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out a she.

Starting to puff up

Just look at the vibrant colours!

To wrap things up, here's a bonus pic of Khaleesi with Luigi who I can't believe is already 8 months old! :eek: Time does fly!

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,087 Posts
Those are gorgeous Aluz! What are they? Fischers? I've never seen such vibrant colors. I adore lovebirds. Two of my all-time favorite birds were Peach-faced lovebirds. Such little clowns and a real joy! I accidentally walked out the door with my first one on my shoulder. The big sky startled him and he flew up into a tree. I was horrified as I didn't even realize he was on me. He came right down when I called him and we hurried back into the house. From that day forward, I've always been very aware of "who's on first and who's on second'. I was lucky that day, very lucky.

Reactions: aluz

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are gorgeous Aluz! What are they? Fischers? I've never seen such vibrant colors. I adore lovebirds. Two of my all-time favorite birds were Peach-faced lovebirds. Such little clowns and a real joy! I accidentally walked out the door with my first one on my shoulder. The big sky startled him and he flew up into a tree. I was horrified as I didn't even realize he was on me. He came right down when I called him and we hurried back into the house. From that day forward, I've always been very aware of "who's on first and who's on second'. I was lucky that day, very lucky.
Thank you, Nedra! :)
Yes, with the exception of Penguin who is a blue masked lovebird, the other five are all Fischer's.
And I'm glad your lovie came back to you, that must have been quite the scare!

·
Administrator
59,706 Posts
:jumping: Yaaay!
Pedro, Poppy and Peachy were all very happy to see updated pictures of your beautiful lovebirds today, aluz. :)
Each and every one of them is absolutely gorgeous and I can never see enough of them. Thanks for brightening up my day!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Gorgeous photos Aluz! I had a "rainbow" lovebird years ago (which I think is really pied, not too sure on LB mutations) and his name was Cricket, such an adorable bird. I had him for a year and my roommate got a lovebird for her brother but it lived with us for a few months, needless to say they became attached to each other even though they lived in separate cages so I let them stay together at their house. They are such little clowns!

·
Budgetarian Award Recipient November 2014
871 Posts
Adorable pictures aluz. They are gorgeous. How can you identify gender in Love birds? They all look the same to me.

I want some love birds as well. My neighbours had them in different colours when I was growing up. I have such fond memories of them.

What is their life span?

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:jumping: Yaaay!
Pedro, Poppy and Peachy were all very happy to see updated pictures of your beautiful lovebirds today, aluz. :)
Each and every one of them is absolutely gorgeous and I can never see enough of them. Thanks for brightening up my day!
Aww, you're welcome, Deb! I'm glad you and your lovies enjoyed seeing the photos! :D
I have been preparing a series of playtime photos starring Khaleesi and will post them when I have it all finished.

Gorgeous photos Aluz! I had a "rainbow" lovebird years ago (which I think is really pied, not too sure on LB mutations) and his name was Cricket, such an adorable bird. I had him for a year and my roommate got a lovebird for her brother but it lived with us for a few months, needless to say they became attached to each other even though they lived in separate cages so I let them stay together at their house. They are such little clowns!
They sure are funny and very entertaining, Jill! ;) There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on lovebird's mutations, at least not on Fischer's nor Black Masked lovebirds. The genetics info is more extensive on Peach face lovebirds.
I'm also not sure of my Nico's exact mutation. I was told he was a pastel, but from pics and after breeding him, I'm leaning more to pastelino or recessive pied.

Adorable pictures aluz. They are gorgeous. How can you identify gender in Love birds? They all look the same to me.

I want some love birds as well. My neighbours had them in different colours when I was growing up. I have such fond memories of them.

What is their life span?
Thanks, Juhi! :) Their lifespan is higher than budgies, on average they will live for about 12 to 15 years and depending on how well they are cared for they can even live longer into their 20s.
The only sure way to tell their genders is by doing a DNA test. However, after carefully watching mine, I have come up with a theory. All my females have bigger and more round eyes, they are also bigger in overall size. My proven males have smallish and more almond shaped eyes.

Aww they are all just beautiful!! Penguin is my favorite :D
Thanks, Lindsey! Penguin has a lot of fans, indeed! :D

Reactions: Juhi

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
I showed Avocado your pictures. Well as I cannot watch her all the time it is a possibility that your guys may be getting a PM or note from her :). They are all beauties :).

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So adorable, I am in luv!
Thanks, Cozette! I'm very fortunate to have them. :)

I showed Avocado your pictures. Well as I cannot watch her all the time it is a possibility that your guys may be getting a PM or note from her :). They are all beauties :).
Haha, thanks, Rick! I'll let you know if they get a PM! :D

Gorgeous lovebird flock. Thanks for sharing new pictures :)
Thanks, Allie! It's my pleasure to share their pics with everyone here. ;)

Just gorgeous, and SO colourful! Penguin is my favourite too! :)
Thanks, Wendy! :) Penguin was a real gift from the heavens, she was a stray bird who landed on my other lovebird's cage. She had spend at least the whole night out and was starving. Since no one claimed her, I took her in and the rest is history!

Aww, what beautiful lovies! :love:
Thank you, Karen! :)

Aluz, they are just so beautiful!! I went through to tell you my favourite and then discovered I had chosen them all :rolleyes:

I can see why you love your lovies so much...
Thanks, Madonna! They are a joy to have around. :)
I was going to send you a message early this morning so you could see this thread, but I couldn't log in due to internet problems. I'm glad you still managed to find it! ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.