What would this pairs off spring be?
Male, yellow dom pied.
Female, green opaline, english.

Can see her back.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
actually, i believe the hen is a recessive pied?? or DF dom. pied, but, the experts will let you know!! dean?? nev?? by the way, they are gorgeous!! :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your male looks like a double factor dominant pied. If he is all the chicks will be dominant pied.
The opaline will only show is the male happens to be split for opaline but all the male chicks will be split for opaline.

The other possibility is that your male is a combination of dominant and recessive pieds. If he is you will get about 50% dominant pied and the others will be normals unless the hen is split for recessive pied

Either way they will be all green series unless both birds are split for blue

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone :)
No he's not a reccesive pied, he is a double factor dominant pied.
I would love both birds to be split for blue, but green series would be adorable. Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew it!

http://www.talkbudgies.com/showpost.php?p=437808&postcount=14

I knew this girl would turn out to be a stunner. She is GORGEOUS! I could very easily use her in my show breeding stock! Wowee.
thank you very much, i see the show girl in her haha.
Its funny you say this, i was just thinking the other day when i was looking at her cheek patches that someone said that, (i have the worst memory) so i couldn't remember who lol.
I'm going to try to breed them next year, hopefully they take after her alot :XD:
thats not a very new pic, i will take some more next week when my sister comes home with the camera ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
You budgie looks like DF Dominant Pied or Recessive Pied. The chicks would be:

100% Dominant Pied(single factor)
All males would be split for Opaline.

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.