Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
She's beautiful! Those colors are amazing! And pretty incredible that she just came to you one day. Lucky Penguin!
Indeed, lucky Penguin and lucky me! I rescued her from the big bad world outside on June 15th 2012. She was starving and trying to reach the food container on my lovebirds' couple cage. I carried very gently the cage back inside and Penguin came along with it. It only took me a couple of tries and a total of 11 minutes to have her safely indoors.
Penguin is a joy to have and always makes me laugh, and as to her natural mischievousness, I forgive her all the time.
A busy beak is a happy beak after all! :D

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for commenting, everyone! :)

I'm happy to announce that my Penguin girl only had the odd "one-hit wonder" egg, her cycle has stopped and she is back to normal now.
I guess Penguin only wanted to let me know her true gender and for that I am grateful! ;)

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
The Penguin

You should definitely enter one of those 2 pics in the current BOTM contest. If you do the feather pull fast it is not too bad for them I had to learn as budgies need their mask "groomed to 6/3 per side spots for show. They are ignored by the judge if not done properly especially with the champion birds. What a cutie. I fell in love with FaeryBee's Peachy, but we have too many budgies and Wise hubby said no, look but do not buy. Birds do not care what sex the name is. It is those silly humans!!! Enjoy!! Jo Ann:budgie:

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You should definitely enter one of those 2 pics in the current BOTM contest. If you do the feather pull fast it is not too bad for them I had to learn as budgies need their mask "groomed to 6/3 per side spots for show. They are ignored by the judge if not done properly especially with the champion birds. What a cutie. I fell in love with FaeryBee's Peachy, but we have too many budgies and Wise hubby said no, look but do not buy. Birds do not care what sex the name is. It is those silly humans!!! Enjoy!! Jo Ann:budgie:
Thanks Jo Ann.
My lovebirds will enter the Talk Budgies Bird Show and I already have better pictures of Penguin (better than the ones I posted here). :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Glad to hear Penguin decided to give up laying eggs! Maybe that one experience was enough for her, poor baby... At least you know now she's a girl :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.