Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I've read enough about breeding budgies that I've considered doing it. I have two females and my aunt has a male. We are thinking about breeding her male with one of my two females. I haven't read enough about mutations and such to know what my kind are. The yellow one is the male and the other two are female. What color mutations would I get with each? Any help? Thanks. Also, the pics of my females are taken a year ago and both the male and females are about 2 years old or a little more :budgie:

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
well , before you breed please read all you can about it. And your aunt realises that the male will have to stay with the female for about 2 months
Im not sure of the out comes.
goodluck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well , before you breed please read all you can about it. And your aunt realises that the male will have to stay with the female for about 2 months
Im not sure of the out comes.
goodluck!
Yeah, she doesn't mind :) .

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well, in answer to your question..the male is a Lutino. The two girls are a Mauve Recessive Pied and a Cobalt Opaline.
If you paired him with the Rec. Pied, you'd get all greens split for blue and Rec. Pied and all females would be Lutino..And if you paired with the opaline, you'd get the same, all greens split for blue and males will be split for Opaline. All females would be Lutino.

However, the male could be hiding anything, so you could get blues, greens, Rec. Pieds, Albinos and Lutinos..Anything. Personally, I'd pair with the Opaline, just because you might get Opaline babies and I think green Opalines look beautiful. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, in answer to your question..the male is a Lutino. The two girls are a Mauve Recessive Pied and a Cobalt Opaline.
If you paired him with the Rec. Pied, you'd get all greens split for blue and Rec. Pied and all females would be Lutino..And if you paired with the opaline, you'd get the same, all greens split for blue and males will be split for Opaline. All females would be Lutino.

However, the male could be hiding anything, so you could get blues, greens, Rec. Pieds, Albinos and Lutinos..Anything. Personally, I'd pair with the Opaline, just because you might get Opaline babies and I think green Opalines look beautiful. :D
Thanks you two :) Jen, this was really helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.