Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is a hen I took home today.Can anyone tell me her age and mutation?Think she's very young and that her mutation is YF2 dominant pied opaline sky-blue.The yellow is faint and hard to see in the pics but it's on her face,wings and tail.My doubt is about opaline.She does have a bit of blue colour on her wings but the black bars on the back of her neck make me think she isn't.Also she is smaller and slimmer than my other 2 budgies.Does she have to still grow to her adult size and shape?Will the yellow spread to her chest giving her that foam-green colour?
Thanks

·
Senior Budgie
3,973 Posts
Very pretty!
But get her out of that cage!
I see rust on the cage, she can get poisoning.
Do you have another cage?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
She's lovely!
Glad to hear you're getting a new cage.
Good luck in your choice.
There are guidelines on cage size in a sticky in Budgie Housing.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
So gorgeous! Congrats! Any idea on cages yet?? I love cage shopping :D Oh, should switch to wooden perches also, as plastic ones can cause damage to their lil feet!

Best wishes!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
new cage

Here's her new cage.I'll go looking for a male now.Thinking about a grey opaline spangle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
moulting and changing colour

Hi,my hen has started a moult.she lost her two long tail feathers.Here are some pictures.I know they're not very good but I had to not use a flash to show the yellow.The yellow is spreading on her chest turning her sea foam green.It is also spreading on the upper part of her wings as you can see in the second picture.Looking at the older pictures it looks like some of the blue on her chest has been replaced by yellow feathers.I'm very curious to see what she will look like after this moult.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.