Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Everyone.... My mother is very proud of this Flower that grows in her Front Yard.
It is called a Phalaria Flower and yes the flower grows on a tree. It is a Native Flower from the Northern Territory. They say that after it rains it flowers weather that is right i don't no. They say that when it Flowers it is going to rain so we hope to get some rain soon it is very dry and we need some. Ill take some more photo's of it tomorrow morning when it is out in the sun i took this late this afternoon right before it got dark. Ill add them to this post.
It has a wonderful sweet smell it brings all of the wild parrots to our Front Yard.. It is out in full Bloom.. Please enjoy this Beautiful Native Flower from Australia..

Phalaria Flower.

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,157 Posts
Why Lyn? They are AWESOME pictures - I had them in my garden when I lived up in the NT and those pictures are making me almost smell them! :)

·
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lynda i was going to take some in the morning as it was late in the day and i thought id like to see what they look like in the day... Glad that you liked the photo's Lynda. The smell is a sweet strong smell which attracts the wild parrots honey eaters etc...

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
This

Such wonderful pics. Thanks.

Blessings,

Jo A:budgie:nn

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,157 Posts
:) My first daughter was born in Gove Hospital (Northern Territory). They are everywhere up there - but I bet it looks spectacular in your mums garden and that's why she's proud of it - and rightly so!

You are lucky to have the parrots come too. That'd be awesome

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
Beautiful! I can only imagine the lovely scent that must fill your garden. The garden must be a treat to spend time in at the moment.

·
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) My first daughter was born in Gove Hospital (Northern Territory). They are everywhere up there - but I bet it looks spectacular in your mums garden and that's why she's proud of it - and rightly so!

You are lucky to have the parrots come too. That'd be awesome
Thanks Lynda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.