Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to this forum and I need help finding out the sex of my new Budgie. I bought my Budgie Cloudy from pet smart on July 1st, judging by the stripes on their head and their black eyes they are probably >5 months old. I thought they were a boy but now I’m confused. When I got them they’re cere was blue like in the picture, maybe darker, but for a time they had a very pink cere, and now they’re back to blue. I’ve been reading up on the different ways to tell but it seems that when they’re young it’s hard to say for sure and I won’t know until they’ve grown a bit or are at breeding stage. I’m worried of introducing them to the flock of 3 males because they would be the only female if it turns out that way. I appreciate any feedback! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many birds did you purchase you are speaking as if there is more than one by saying they and them. The bird in the picture is a female. It would be best to keep her caged separate from the boys because there will be fighting amongst them as to who gets to be her best friend. If Cloudy was a male the cere would be pink at this age and for this mutation.
Im saying they/them because I don’t know their gender yet. And yea that’s the same conclusion I was coming to. ive had her in a separate cage for almost two months now, would it be a bad to put her with the others as she is the only female? Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.