Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are her eyes red in real life? Or is it just the flash? :)

She is a recessive pied light green atleast for sure :)
Lindsey, thanks for helping again.:D It is only the flash, but I have read that it can be plum if recessive pied is that correct?:S How old do you think she is? I got her on Saturday, but from a friend(Petshop owner not in Windhoek) of my brother. I still have to learn a lot!:eek:

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Lindsey, thanks for helping again.:D It is only the flash, but I have read that it can be plum if recessive pied is that correct?:S How old do you think she is? I got her on Saturday, but from a friend(Petshop owner not in Windhoek) of my brother. I still have to learn a lot!:eek:
I agree with that mutation and I would say she is around 6-7 months old?? I think :eek:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
As Lindsey has said she is a recessive pied light green. It is very difficult to tell the age of a mature recessive pied

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tia-Mari is a very beautiful little bird! :)
She looks like a real :love: sweetheart.
I know why you are telling me this, because she nearly look like Sunny.:D Ach, you know every little budgie on TB is so clute and lovable, but I cannot have them all, but I wish I can.;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Elsabe,

I agree with the others on the genetics...but wish to add that 'if the "green striping" is bright' on this pied...it may very well carry the "violet factor"....

...i've had a few of these from a male cobalt blue (which I knew was split cinnamon from his mom)..but also carries "violet" from seeing his baby girls (sisters of the same pied-type)....

...so, when she old enough, I'll put her with that "YF male cobalt" in your gallery....it could be interesting babies that arrive?

Enjoy them, nice day to you!
jacodk

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Elsabe,

I agree with the others on the genetics...but wish to add that 'if the "green striping" is bright' on this pied...it may very well carry the "violet factor"....

...i've had a few of these from a male cobalt blue (which I knew was split cinnamon from his mom)..but also carries "violet" from seeing his baby girls (sisters of the same pied-type)....

...so, when she old enough, I'll put her with that "YF male cobalt" in your gallery....it could be interesting babies that arrive?

Enjoy them, nice day to you!
jacodk
Jaco
This sounds interesting, I will see if they like each other when my aviary is outside and I can put them together. How's the weather in the Cape? Cold and rain:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.