Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's Mum (Maddi) and Dad (Dexter)

And here's Tobias:

I think he/she is going to be like Dexter, but what is throwing me here is the levels of stripes down the back of his neck. He/She doesn't appear to be opaline like dad

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
yes, very like dad. cobalt yellow face dominant pied.

i am guessing dominant pied because the mum is, i couldn't be sure of dad without seeing his front.

and you are right about him being a normal rather than an opaline like dad.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If dad is an opaline and mum is not then this little boy will be a clone of dad except he will be split for opaline rather than opaline :)

An almost clone :)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I think the majority of this clutch are going to be the same. Sorry for one more question, are the mutations likely to be sex linked. ie could a hen be a close clone for dad?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the only sex linked variety that is present is opaline. all the rest are pased on regardless of the gender of the chick.

you can get opaline hens from this mating and if the other varieties come together right then you could get one with the same mix as the dad. as the pied and yf are dominant it is likely this could happen, however the marking positions and shade etc may well be quite different...but who knows, with a little luck you could get one very like him.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Cute! That's how I thought my chicks would look like.. as the parents have the same mutations as yours except the dad is split opaline instead of being opaline and he is a goldenface instead of yellowface..

But then I got Bumi and his siblings. They are so much different than dad! :D

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I think it is all beginning to sink it - I so wish I had a talent for science :S

I'll post the pics of the others as they feather up fully.

I lurve Bumi - he is just adorable ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.