Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the colors of budgies nails mean anything?

I know in Tiels'(cockatiels) if they have one dark colored nail and the rest are light colored it can mean they're split to pied, Or they are pied and you just can't tell(some tiels are pied and they look normal and its really hard to tell unless bred to another pied)

I don't recall reading anything ever about their nails - but I have a few I've noticed a nail or 2 is different colored then the rest of their nails, so it's got me wondering if this works in budgies like it does in tiels

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have never heard of that before! In the budgies you have noticed with the odd colour nails, are they the same mutation or have mutations in common?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
This is a good question. I looked and mine have all pink nails.
Nicky is a clear flight pied right? But what is Rosie?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never heard of that before! In the budgies you have noticed with the odd colour nails, are they the same mutation or have mutations in common?
different mutations some are the same though

This is a good question. I looked and mine have all pink nails.
Nicky is a clear flight pied right? But what is Rosie?
she looks like a normal cobalt blue to me

·
Registered
124 Posts
All of Billy Bob's toe nails are pink but he's a mostly white bird.
Maybe the mutations that make the base colour, white/yellow, come through? Like dominant pied, recessive pied and the clear wings.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Thats an interesting question! I had never thought about the color if their nails before, just their feet.

*goes off to look at budgie flocks nails :giggle: *

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats an interesting question! I had never thought about the color if their nails before, just their feet.

*goes off to look at budgie flocks nails :giggle: *

LOL i think its having the tiels that makes me notice it, but I can't find anything that says if its just how some are or if its similar to the tiels and means split to pied
but then again in tiels there's only one "pied" and its recessive so it may just be a tiel thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.