Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The breeder just called to see how he was and she is going to send a partial refund to go toward the vet fee. I thought that was nice. She said she was worrying all day and wanted to wait until I got off of work to call. Cant wait to get home and check on this guy.

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
I love how this whole thing turned out Amber. It is so good to hear the breeder offered you money help like that, very responsible of her. I do think this beautiful little English budgie was meant to be with you...:)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
That is wonderful that the breeder is being so good about this matter! :)

I would not worry too much as the band has likely been like that since he was less than 2 weeks old. From what I understand this happens if you put the band on too early and do not check on it again and one of the toes slips back into the band, or you are really bad at banding and simply do not check to make it is actually on properly.

I agree completely with Kate though and I have banded almost every one of my babies, and all of my adults are closed banded. I have never had any problems at all with a bird getting injured or hurt, it is just a matter of being careful and being sure you know what you are doing when you put them on. The problem is not the band or banding in itself, it is the breeder/owner if something goes wrong with the band 99% of the time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So he finally ate! Thank God! A decent amount too!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Now I just have to figure out a name.....

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hes doing pretty good so far. Eating some but Id prefer he eat more. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Please post more pictures! :D I want to see his loose toe. :p
Here you go! I weighed him today and he weighs about 45grams. Hoping to get that up some. It was the little toe on his right foot that was stuck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.