Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Yesterday me and my fiance had an idea and after 1 hour we bought tickets to go to Bulgaria! Simple as that! :) For both of us was always an unknown place, so we decided to go :) the trip included a guided tour to Sandanski, Petritsi and Melnik! My biggest obstacle was that I couldn't read or speak bulgarian, so we went to several places alone without knowing the names of the streets and general information. Fortunately we didn't get lost or something :p
Now this photo is not something special, but there are two countries in it. It's the borders and I am on the bulgarian side ;)

So here's the city of Petritsi- the population is near 30,000 people

I loved the buildings

Then we went to Melnik- it is an old village and the smallest in Bulgaria. They produce really good wines.
I liked that sign :p

Souvenirs?

here's me on a wooden bridge

this is a huge statue of a former politician, Jan Sandanski

Now when we got to Sandanski it was raining so hard that I couldn't get a picture. It stopped raining a while before we leave -bad luck- so I managed to take only two pics. This city has really nice and big parks!

Last but not least, my souvenirs! Anyone wants to come over for a sweet snack? :p

That's all folks! :wave1:

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Great pics....thank's for sharing your adventure with us Despina...:)

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Wonderful Photo's Despina. I am glad you had a nice trip to see different places... I love seeing your photo's as it feels like i am there from in my lounge room... Maybe one day ill get to see these beautiful places that would be awesome... Thank you for sharing

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! It was fun and taking pics is a good way to "take" you with me wherever I go :) and yes, if anyone of you comes to South-East Europe one day, I'll be happy to show these places :)
We walked so much yesterday and now I feel so tired :p Now I am planning to go on another journey and the last for this year ;)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
I see you had a great time in Bulgaria!
Language shouldn't be a barrier when it comes to seeing new places and enjoying what a foreign country has to offer us. :)

Looking at that statue, I would never have guessed the man was a politician.
I would guess he was a famous hunter or explorer. :p

Reactions: StarlingWings

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see you had a great time in Bulgaria!
Language shouldn't be a barrier when it comes to seeing new places and enjoying what a foreign country has to offer us. :)

Looking at that statue, I would never have guessed the man was a politician.
I would guess he was a famous hunter or explorer. :p
The language was a thing..! Some of them were speaking greek, 1 of them could speak english but most of them bulgarian! Money was another deal.. 3 out of 4 accepted euros, the others only Lev's. Luckily we worked it out after visiting 2-3 shops :p
Jan Sandanski was a politician and he is considered as a hero in Bulgaria. But I agree, I would think he is a hunter if the tour guide hadn't told us that he was a politician :p

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha :p I would love to visit the States, Rick! But I think if I cross the Atlantic, it will be for good!
I am sure Arizona is great for photography, I've read a few things on the internet.. but I am planning to go somewhere else next week ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,682 Posts
What a wonderful photo holiday, Despina! :)

I always love your little tours, they make me feel oceans away :D

The thing about Europe I love the most is that you can go anywhere you'd like, to any country, many times just a few hours away. Here in the states it takes at least a whole day to get out of the country! :eek:

Can't wait to hear about your next trip! :p

Oh, also, if I went to Bulgaria that's what I would bring back for souvenirs, too :giggle:

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What a wonderful photo holiday, Despina! :)

I always love your little tours, they make me feel oceans away :D

The thing about Europe I love the most is that you can go anywhere you'd like, to any country, many times just a few hours away. Here in the states it takes at least a whole day to get out of the country! :eek:

Can't wait to hear about your next trip! :p

Oh, also, if I went to Bulgaria that's what I would bring back for souvenirs, too :giggle:
Thank you Geneva! It was a nice trip and I highly recommend it to those who haven't visited Bulgaria! Next time I'll go to the Capital city, Sofja!
I am still thinking about my next trip.. let's see..
My souvenirs were biscuits covered in chocolate- incredibly cheap- a rasperry wine (they make many fruit wines such as fig, apple, strawberry, etc) beers and shots! :)

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Always love your travel pix and your spontaneity to just go somewhere on the fly, Despinakeet...just like the free birdie that you are.:)

Id also love to see more scenic photos of you together with your fiancé;)

Reactions: despoinaki

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Always love your travel pix and your spontaneity to just go somewhere on the fly, Despinakeet...just like the free birdie that you are.:)

Id also love to see more scenic photos of you together with your fiancé;)
Sometimes it is simple as that: if you have a free weekend and you can afford it, go somewhere! :p I would love to visit all countries that are close to Greece. For me it was the third journey I had abroad, after Cyprus and Germany. Now I want to go to Turkey! :D
I'll take some photos with Alex next time, Nick ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.