Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would imagine he is along the lines of a normal green but in a lot of the pics I have been looking at, it seems he has a lot more yellow in his wings. In this pic, he is the green one. I am told he is approximately 2 years old. Genetics fascinate me and so I would very much enjoy knowing just exactly what he is. Thank you in advance. Sorry for the quality of the pics. I don't have him yet so this is what I have to work with.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I would imagine he is along the lines of a normal green but in a lot of the pics I have been looking at, it seems he has a lot more yellow in his wings. In this pic, he is the green one. I am told he is approximately 2 years old. Genetics fascinate me and so I would very much enjoy knowing just exactly what he is. Thank you in advance. Sorry for the quality of the pics. I don't have him yet so this is what I have to work with.

Welcome to Talk Budgies! :)

From what I can see in the picture, I think both the budgies are "Dominant Pied".

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Why not clear flight pied?
A "Clearflight Pied" will have completely clear primary flights and long tail feathers.

I am quite sure that the sky blue is "Dominant Pied". I am not sure about the green bird until there are some bigger and clearer pictures.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
A "Clearflight Pied" will have completely clear primary flights and long tail feathers.

I am quite sure that the sky blue is "Dominant Pied". I am not sure about the green bird until there are some bigger and clearer pictures.

Once again you're right about the tail feathers - it should be clear (yellow in a green series bird). But I've been told that this bird of mine is a clearflight pied although not a good one. That's why I thought it could be one. The clear spot at the back is also missing; so I think you are right.
Bird Beak Parrot Feather Wing

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot for the info guys! I have learned rather quickly that there is hardly ever a *normal* bird. Dominant pied. Unfortunately, I don't believe I will ever have any information on what mom and dad were. Can't wait to get this little guy up close and personal tomorrow just to see exactly how he is health and activity wise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.