Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went down to a major dealer/breeder today and got two new budgies. I had my mind set on a Cinnamon Variety ****/hen and A green spangle or a violet variety hen. Soo of course I ended up with neither :) I was aiming for three but dad muffled me.. :( On the other side He did say an IRN is on the way for chrissy! :)

So I HAD to pick this HUGE boy, he was in the Show cage and just stunningly gorgeous and handsome. I want to show budgies and I think he made my due date alot closer. He is literally HUGE and has the most gorgeous and vibrant colors ever. He is a Violet Greywing (I think) And the only problem I see is he has a mark on the other side of his beak, and the way he carries his shoulder/head is a little weird.

I also got a gorgeous Pet type Texas Clearbody Violet which I am Stunned at! She is absolutely GORGEOUS! She can;t be showed because she is a pet type, but i am gonna attempt to breed her with the Greywing. She really si gorgeous though. Thinking Violet or Lilac for name.

So If I bred Lilac to the Greywing what would I get? Also what would I get if I breed to Greywing to my Spangle Lacewing hen?

Pictures!:
Violet TCB Hen

Violet Greywing ****

Violet greywing and other birds:

Violet TCB and Violet Greywing

Also here is a sweet Cinnamon Hen I got for my king quail. He doesn't have a mate and was lonely :( he isuhh... Eager :p

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
Their beautiful! I'll leave it to Nev or Dean for the mutations question though.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
do you think they could produce a TCB spangle:p that would be nice.

your budgies are beautiful
i love your violet:love:

the bird in the middle in the first pic looks like Blue:D

i think you would get df violets spangles. but can they be mixed ibn with TCB :S

your hen is also opaline:p

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Opaline and TCB are both sex-linked mutations so unless the male has genes for them you won't get either mutation but the males will be split for both mutations. Greywing is recessive so the hen would have to have greywing genes to get any greywing chicks but all the chicks would be split for greywing. The violet gene is dominant so you should get violets and if the **** is double factor violet all the chicks will inherit violet

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou!
If I were to get a hen for the ****, a Exhibition type so I could show the chicks, I would be wanting a Violet, right? If I want to get nice chicks, I should focus on the Violet genes or Greywing? What do you think Nev?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.