Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm breeding two normal sky blues, Calvin and Juliet, but is there anything else possible from the clutch besides normal sky blues? Clavin has bred with a normal light green before and their babies were normal light green, recessive pied light green, and opaline light green.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm going to make an attempt at predicting what the chicks will be. Correct me if I'm wrong! :p

Calvin is known to be: Visibly a normal sky blue. He is split for opaline and recessive pied.

Juliet is known to be: Visibly a normal sky blue.

So the chicks will be:
MALE: Probably 100% normal sky blue, possibly 50% normal sky blue, 50% recessive pied sky blue
FEMALE: Probably 50% opaline, 50% normal sky blue, possibly 33% opaline, 33% recessive pied sky blue, 33% normal sky blue....

Is this right? Lol.

EDIT : WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

Male: Probably 100% normal sky blue, possibly 75% normal sky blue 25% recessive pied sky blue
Female: Probably 50% opaline 50% normal sky blue, possibly 25% recessive pied sky blue 37.5%opaline 37.5% normal sky blue....

hahaha I suck at this...

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
As I said on your other post, all birds will be sky blue, 50% of your hens will be opaline, 50% of your males will
Be split to opaline and you'll only get recessive pieds if your hen also is split to recessive pied. I can't wait to see babies; opaline sky blues are one of my fav combos.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I said on your other post, all birds will be sky blue, 50% of your hens will be opaline, 50% of your males will
Be split to opaline and you'll only get recessive pieds if your hen also is split to recessive pied. I can't wait to see babies; opaline sky blues are one of my fav combos.
Ohhhh. Okay. When you say it, it makes more sense than it did in my head. X) Thanks! And I am SOOO excited about the babies! Opalines are adorable all the time, but I've never seen an opaline sky blue!!!

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
They're beautiful, I think. And if you happen to get a sky opaline recessive pied....be prepared to keep it. Or send it to me. So pretty.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're beautiful, I think. And if you happen to get a sky opaline recessive pied....be prepared to keep it. Or send it to me. So pretty.
Wow... In my head, I'm thinking simple mutations, but that sounds amazing. O.O

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.