Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These two videos I recorded are my first ever, so they probably aren't very good. I took them with my cell phone.
You can see of sweet my little Leonel is on the first video and on the second how happy he is to be by the window. He is usually a very fast runner and hopper as well, maybe he was a bit scared of the beeping sound of the phone.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Very cute! I love hope he hops up on your finger like such a good boy.

Reactions: aluz

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, he is quite the happy hopper! :) He loves to climb to my finger, sometimes he does the proper step up and others he gets so excited that he ends up on quickly hopping up to my finger just like a frog or a bunny hop.

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for watching, yes he is a very happy and energetic bird! :)

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
goodness, he is so precious! And so tame too! Did you tame him or he came hand tame?
Yes, I love his sweet and funny personality!
As to the taming part, I got him at a fair, not a specialized bird fair. A regular fair that sells all kinds of stuff including pet birds and other types of poultry.
And in this particular fair, the pet birds they sell aren't tamed at all.
I'm thinking Leonel was at some point handled by his first owner who bred him and that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the same person who sold him to me.
The bird sellers at this fair breed all types of species and they don't have the time to tame them all.
The fact that I have a way with animals in general, call it sensitivity or something else, has helped me with this little one and in a couple days after purchase he trusted me enough. I think it also has to do with his great personality, so we bonded quite fast.

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,157 Posts
That is really cute! Terra, the white girl we have, loves head scratches too - but it's hard to hold the video camera AND scratch her! :giggle:

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! Leonel is so sweet, lately I found out that he likes preening me. Absolutely loves to preen my eyelids, eyelashes, eyebrows and the top of my nose. He is so gentle and it's clear that he loves me already! :)

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Those were awesome videos. A beautiful bird and great music choices. Was the second one Nutcracker suite? What was the first one? Great job for just a phone. You wouldnt of known if you didnt say.

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually they both are from the Nutcracker! The first is "Dance of the sugar plum fairy" and the second is "March of the toy soldiers".
Indeed the videos were taken by a phone, a Sony Ericsson Txt CK13i.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.