Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Our two are far too hesitant around their toys and playground. Most of the time, I have to lure them near the toys with millet... I hope they learn to see the fun in it sometime soon. o_o (In the meantime, loose ends of rope that holds the branches together seem to be the most fun thing in the world!)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
They're so sweet, I'm sure they will make most of their amazing play area in no time! :D

·
Registered
16,696 Posts
We often have to resort to bribery in the early stages of developing relationships between us and our birds, and even between the birds themselves. I think in a matter of time, your little guys will rely less and less I the millet, especially once they are familiar with all their great things! :) Amazing setup!! You've done a fantastic job of it. :)

Your budgies are gorgeous by the way! And at least they like millet so you can actually bribe them. (Our budgie Riley isn't what I would call a millet lover, so he is much harder to bribe. :p)

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's too cute! That's an amazing play area for those bird's btw! Wish I had tons of room to set up an awesome jungle of fun for my birdy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We often have to resort to bribery in the early stages of developing relationships between us and our birds, and even between the birds themselves. I think in a matter of time, your little guys will rely less and less I the millet, especially once they are familiar with all their great things! :) Amazing setup!! You've done a fantastic job of it. :)
That's the strange thing, Happybird has had that tree for months already (well... it's changing around all the time), and although she climbs around in it, all the colourful toys are lost on her! She treats them as if they are something dangerous, even after weeks and weeks, and even with millet inside she only goes as close as she really has to. So I was hoping that Companionbird could teach her the fun of toys, but apparently it works the opposite way and she's learning form Happybird to be scared of them, and they are mostly hanging out on the top branches now. :(

Thanks Kiyami. :) As I said elsewhere we only live on 25m², but the bird tree doesn't take a lot of space away, especially since it's in a corner. We didn't really know what to put between couch and shelf there anyway, before the birds were around we wanted a pot plant... I think the space has found much better use like this! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.