Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I keep seeing people posting about mutations and things lol I'm new! Can u tell what "kinds/types" my budgies are?

Lala, blue blue, sunny, snow, patch

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here maybe these are better pics???

Snow (boy)

on the right:

blue-blue (girl-planning to put with snow)

paradise (girl)

greenie (male planning to put with paradise?) his body is green but can add another pic later

sunny (boy- with lala already)

lala & sunny above and below

and here is patch..i dont have a boy for her...what color would u suggest??

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Lala – Opaline dominant pied green

blue blue – dominant pied cobalt

sunny – type 2 yellow face sky blue

snow – dominant pied greywing

patch – Could be a double factor dominant pied or a combination of pied types but with so few markings it is difficult to be sure

greenie – normal green

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks so much!!! should i keep the blues together and the greens together when breeding in the future? i just ordered a huge flight cage and 4 breeding cages..im so excited!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
thanks so much!!! should i keep the blues together and the greens together when breeding in the future? i just ordered a huge flight cage and 4 breeding cages..im so excited!
if you put a green with a blue, you will get all greens unless the green is split for blue then you'll get blues and greens

putting 2 blues together will give you all blues - The shade will depend on the dark factors the parents May or may not carry

Putting 2 greens together will give you all greens - shades again depend on dark factors of the parents - If by chance both greens you put together ended up being split to blue you'd get both greens and blues - again shades depend on dark factors

Also if you put a green with a blue any Greens will be split to blue but no blues will be split to green - Green is Dominant and a budgie can't be split to green

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.