Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could of sworn I've read before (and I think once was on here) that you can tell which yellow face a Budgie is by the color under the wings

if that is right Then what are the determining factors -as in what color for each yellow face?

if not then what in the world am I getting it confused with :giggle:

I've been searching for it for a while now because it's driving me nuts I know I've read it more than once but for the life of me I can't remember what it was exactly but for some reason I keep coming back to its how to determine which yellow face the bird is.

·
Registered
735 Posts
From what I've read, you can tell the type by where the yellow is located.

Yellow face type 1 is restricted to the face only.

Yellow face type 2 can spread to the body color. Meaning a blue series budgie with YF type 2, their body color will have a greenish tinge. Since blue + Yellow = green.

Though I'm not quite sure what Golden face is or what it does other than being a darker richer yellow than the other two. I haven't read up much on it.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Hi, I was just reading about yellow face and under the wing earlier today... you can find that infomation here
http://www.budgie-info.com/budgie-varieties-others.html
"If you are unsure whether you are looking at a Yellow Faced 2 or a 'funny' green look under the wing butt. On a green bird there will be green here but on a Yellow Face there will be definite blue."
Thanks for this tread. This is something new I learned today and ATVchick an interesting topic!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I was just reading about yellow face and under the wing earlier today... you can find that infomation here
http://www.budgie-info.com/budgie-varieties-others.html
"If you are unsure whether you are looking at a Yellow Faced 2 or a 'funny' green look under the wing butt. On a green bird there will be green here but on a Yellow Face there will be definite blue."
Thank you I will check the link - the part you quoted is what i recall being said many times! i just couldn't remember how it worked :giggle:

Thanks for this tread. This is something new I learned today and ATVchick an interesting topic!
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.