Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nova
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confident I've got a young girl here. The coloring on the crown is still banded.

I don't have the background on this gorgeous budgie beyond my boss saying it needed a new home because the kids in the house wouldn't stop taking her out and leaving doors open. I've already been advised this cage is way too small for her, and a new one is being delivered Thursday! 30x30x18 with 0.4" between the bars :)

I'm not used to seeing a budgie with so little striping! We're having trouble naming her, maybe Nova. I am really looking forward to getting to know her. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the posts. This is really a great resource.

I've posted a few photos of her here; it's hard to get close of course. I hope this is enough to give some info :)

·
Super Moderator
4,807 Posts
Looking at her in the last picture it looks like she has some discoloration on the feathers directly above her cere, this might be due to an upper respiratory infection, have you seen her sneezing at all? Keep a close eye on this and if it gets worse or you see her sneezing you will need to have her seen by an avian vet for treatment. Birds are masters at hiding illness so when you seen evidence of a problem you should take action before things get worse. Here is a link to help you locate an avian vet in your area, if you cannot find one then look for a vet that treats exotics as they usually also see birds. https://www.aav.org/page/birdowners

·
Registered
Nova
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at her in the last picture it looks like she has some discoloration on the feathers directly above her cere, this might be due to an upper respiratory infection, have you seen her sneezing at all? Keep a close eye on this and if it gets worse or you see her sneezing you will need to have her seen by an avian vet for treatment. Birds are masters at hiding illness so when you seen evidence of a problem you should take action before things get worse. Here is a link to help you locate an avian vet in your area, if you cannot find one then look for a vet that treats exotics as they usually also see birds. https://www.aav.org/page/birdowners
I haven't noticed sneezing at all, but I will keep a really close eye on it and read this!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.