Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been gone for a while! Have a question regarding one of my "captures".

The girl "Bonnie" has odd markings on the top of her head, around where baby bars would be. They've gotten much stronger and thicker since I've had her. They aren't just weird baby bars are they? I don't think they are as she appears to be coming into breeding condition.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Interesting! She is gorgeous! Sorry I can't tell you anything about the markings, it almost looks like her throat spots are on her head instead of her throat. Its very unusual

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, thanks for that. Not worried just curious. Haven't had a bird with flecking before! Does it happen often?

·
Registered
443 Posts
From what I've heard from the breeder I talk to, flecks are actually undesirable as far as shows and exhibitions go. Some of the English budgies he head for adoption were the chicks born with little faults that would make then unsuitable for show, but have no effect on health or disposition. Too bad, too, better wine of them were lacewings and such.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Even if it is considered as a fault in shows, it looks interesting - as in this bird! It is a lovely bird.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She's gorgeous ... and I'm on my way to bird-nap her. :p
Hope you enjoy your 14 hour plus flight! :giggle:

Thanks all for the answers and compliments on Bonnie's looks all, I may not have bred her but I still feel proud when someone complements on of my flock. She one of the nicest looking hen I've had in a while. I actually quite like the look of her flecks myself, and seeing as she is certainly no show bird it doesn't really matter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.