Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
Hello and :welcome: to the forums!

I can't add much more to what Deborah said. It really all comes down to whether or not you think she can handle a new bird friend as opposed to her being potentially depressed. If she's eating, drinking, playing normally and you spend lots of time with her whenever you're home, I think she should be fine. It is usually pretty clear when a bird is sad or depressed and from your description she doesn't sound like she is.

As long as you leave sounds on when you're not home (radio, music, even your TV if you aren't gone long) then she should be just fine. I know my bird is a single female who hasn't had a friend ever, and even though I'm away a large part of weekdays she gets all my attention when I come home and she's doing perfectly fine with this routine because she's bonded to me and does better by herself.

Again, it's up to you and Budge to figure out what's best :D

I hope this helped a little! It's great to have you on the forums with us and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your little girl soon :p

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask as we're here to help!
:wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.