Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
82 Posts
I'd thought of getting her a companion bird, but I'm not entirely sure what would be best for her. I know that she doesn't have enough social time now, but I'm afraid that getting a new bird might traumatize her. I'm really concerned about her psychological well-being and any help would be very appreciated!
I cannot tell you what decision is best for you but I would like to share my experience.

The first time I had to do a 12 hours shifts and when I then came home and saw Houdini sitting all alone in her cage it absolutely broke my heart. The day after I went out and got her a companion.

I might not have found her the best companion, they are very different and he turned out to be a male, he gets a bit over-excited and courts her a little too much. But still, they do many things together, and when she is a bit over cautious he just jumps in the deep end and help her explore new things. She seem to interact best with him in the morning, courting him or playing with him, so I have piece of mind that she does get some interaction with her own species.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.