Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will call an avian vet tomorrow for my budgie because she had two days gray poops in the row. I searched online they all said it could be a pancreas problem . I am worried sick….
Would she really have a pancreas problem and how serious it can be ?Can that be treated?
Insect Wood Beige Road surface Asphalt

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
The droppings are not normal but from my knowledge do not look like what is termed popcorn droppings that would signify a pancreatic problem, they would be bulkier. Droppings that look grayish can sometimes look like that because mucus is covering the dark portion which may signify a GI infection or disturbance. Make sure you take a fresh sample of the droppings to the vet so they can be tested and also the papers with the overnight droppings. Is she acting ill?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The droppings are not normal but from my knowledge do not look like what is termed popcorn droppings that would signify a pancreatic problem, they would be bulkier. Droppings that look grayish can sometimes look like that because mucus is covering the dark portion which may signify a GI infection or disturbance. Make sure you take a fresh sample of the droppings to the vet so they can be tested and also the papers with the overnight droppings. Is she acting ill?
Thank you for your reply and suggestions. She doesn’t act ill at all. Could this be caused by switching to pellets in her diet? She just started eating more pellets these days. Attached another pic of her last poo while sleeping.
Circle Font Wood Pattern Flooring

·
Super Moderator
18,583 Posts
Hi Peilin and welcome to the forums!!

What brand of pellets is she eating? Is she still acting otherwise normal?

It’s great to have you on the forums as you’ve come to the best possible place to learn more about the best of budgie practices! Cody has given great advice above as well.
Meanwhile, be sure to read through the forums’ many budgie articles and “stickies” to ensure you’re up to date on everything. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we’d love to help!
Hope to see you around and hear more about your budgie soon.

Best wishes! 👋

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Peilin and welcome to the forums!!

What brand of pellets is she eating? Is she still acting otherwise normal?

It’s great to have you on the forums as you’ve come to the best possible place to learn more about the best of budgie practices! Cody has given great advice above as well.
Meanwhile, be sure to read through the forums’ many budgie articles and “stickies” to ensure you’re up to date on everything. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we’d love to help!
Hope to see you around and hear more about your budgie soon.

Best wishes! 👋
Pellet brand is Harrison’s. She’s still mostly eating seeds and veggies like my other birds and is otherwise acting fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My bird had a couple days of greish and white looking poops. I was worried sick that she might get what they said pancreas health issues. I took her to see a vet this morning. The vet took a look at her stools I colloected last night and this morning and some inside of her travel cage that she just made and said everything looked normal to him.
I have doubts because I have anthoer budgie whoes poops were completely different than the one I took to the vet.
I will talk to another vet tomorrow to get a sencond opinion.
Please ,if you have the same exprience ,please do share.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts