Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I've been looking at Violet very closely, observing her new feathers coming through from her moult. :) I've noticed that a blue colour is coming through on her wings and mixed throughout the white. I'm not sure if the blue has been there the whole time, but I've only just noticed.

What does this mean?? I read that an spangle opaline will show this characteristic...??

Heres some pictures... they aren't great but if you look closely you can see the blue coming through.

Attachments

·
Administrator
55,523 Posts
Kelly,

I agree with Bella that many budgies coloring often changes a bit after the first molt.

My guys feathers now show much more green in with the yellow than they did before they molted.

Violet's feathers are gorgeous!!
What beautiful coloration she has! :wow:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The color in the wings is called opalescence.

She is just spangle, not opaline

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Not being rude or anything but is that your dog lying on the floor? You can see it in the first photo (the white furry creature). Wow, be careful with having a dog in the room! If Violet slipped out of your hands the dog could have went for her in just one quick move! I've heard of stories where bird owners thought their dog was completely trustworthy and had a great bond with their bird, next minute the poor little soul is gone.
This is just a word of caution, sorry if it's not a dog and I'm mistaken though. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not being rude or anything but is that your dog lying on the floor? You can see it in the first photo (the white furry creature). Wow, be careful with having a dog in the room! If Violet slipped out of your hands the dog could have went for her in just one quick move! I've heard of stories where bird owners thought their dog was completely trustworthy and had a great bond with their bird, next minute the poor little soul is gone.
This is just a word of caution, sorry if it's not a dog and I'm mistaken though. ;)
Yes, that is one of our dogs. Violet and the dogs haven't bonded at all.... due the dogs being those with no instinct or curiosity and finding any budgie or other bird completely scary! :p At first I used to hold Violet close to them in my hands ( very securely of course) without them initially seeing her, and when they finally did, they would run away and hide. :giggle: So now whenever Violet is sitting on a chair or if she is on the floor for some unknown reason, if the dogs see her, they will run in the opposite direction. Every family member is still very wary but we are very sure that our dogs would rather run off a cliff than come into contact with one of our budgies. (Maybe due to the fact that we used to have a small bird that would fly around the house and peck them... hehe) But thankyou, I will be cautious because I don't know what I'd do if Violet left me at such a young age.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.