Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegetable Pulao

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Travis 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a Pakistani rice dish. We usually eat it with chicken and roasted potatoes on the side and with a little spiced yogurt mixed in.

There are a lot of ways to make it, but this is how my mom makes it. It's pretty simple compared to some others.

We've never really measured how much we put in, so I'm just making estimates here.

- about half an onion(thinly sliced)
- tsp of cumin seeds
- 4-5 cloves
- a few peppercorns
- 1/2 cup (or less if you don't like too many veggies) frozen mixed veggies (peas, corn, carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups of Basmati rice
- 1/3 cup of canola or vegetable oil
- salt to taste

Soak the rice in some water for about 30 min

Heat the oil in a pot, add the sliced onions, and saute them until they get to a deep golden almost brown color.

Add the cumin seeds, cloves and pepper corn and cook them for about a minute.

Add the vegetables and cook them for a few min

Pour in double the amount of water as you have rice (for example to 1 cup of rice, you would use 2 cups of water), we usually use slightly less to avoid the risk of the rice getting mushy! You don't want mushy rice.

add salt to taste, stir and pour everything into a rice cooker.

Drain the rice, put it into the rice cooker and let the rice cooker do the rest.

:) I'm not sure if anyone will like this, but if you make it, please be honest and let me know. :D

Here's an old pic, no potatoes or carrots/corn in this one though.

See less See more
#9 ·
Yummy looking vegetable Pulao recipe and thanks for sharing step by step procedure. It will help those also to try your recipe who never tried vegetable rice before. Will give your vegetable Pulao a try a vegetables are great for health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.