Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your budgies favorite veggie and fruit? How do you serve it to them. Chopped extra fine or let them just go at it? Do you put these foods in a seperate dish from the pellets/seeds?
My babies only seem to like carrots. I keep trying new veggies and fruits but they always do the best with carrots. One of my babies likes me to let her eat the carrots shredded, while the other likes if I break up the shredded carrots.

I guess I'm just trying to get them to eat more of a variety of food and I'm hoping to get a few ideas from you guys. Thanks in advance for sharing :)

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Mine like kale leaf and broccoli...They absolutely tear up some green bean's but only get them in season here homegrown....:)

You will find some idea's here....

http://talkbudgies.com/47-diet-nutrition/

Reactions: mspvice

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you give them raw? I've seen on here that some people "cook" some of their budgies food.

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
My guys love herbs, thyme, basil, sprouts, and spinach.
they also like to tear up a piece of broccoli and absolutely love grass that I pick from the yard. carrot and lettuce in a small amount are ok they think. banana , apple and seeds from mixed grain bread are popular as well for a treat.

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Do you give them raw? I've seen on here that some people "cook" some of their budgies food.
Yes, I feed mine all veggies raw....:)

Reactions: mspvice
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.